Chapter 48 { Chasm }

Release: Feb 13, 2023

"Whoa...well. this place is just too creepy as Paimon remembers it. If it wasn't for our little investigation. Paimon wouldn't ever come anywhere near this place," Paimon shivered remembering a very scary memory.

"Hmm... Did you perhaps have visited this place in the past?" Aether asked noticing that the whole Chasm is supposed to be very dark and possessed countless Tumor have now been cleared.

"Yeah, Paimon doesn't want to remember it but it happens while you are inside the domain. Uhmm...Zhiqiong, together with Shenhe, and mister Mysterious cleared it," she summarized.

He stopped for a moment and think for a while. "Zhiqiong, a member of the adventure guild who was selected for the Chasm exploration team in the past due to her talent in cartography. She has an obsession with leaving her mark on the world and refusing to back down in the face of danger"

"I have already expected this to happen but... I didn't expect that they will be successful without me. Shenhe...I Didn't expect her to join. Did the timeline change? Is it because of me?"

The two notice him spacing out and scratching his head in a sigh. "Traveler?" He looks at them.

"Who is this mister Mysterious, Paimon?" He asked.

"If you are talking about the man who suddenly disappeared without saying anything after getting defeated and leaving them all alone. then I guess that you are talking about the man named Dain," Yelan answered on behalf of Paimon.

Aether has a surprised look on his face which didn't go unnoticed by the two. "I know that he is here, but... I can't believe that he will help them clear The Chasm," he thought.

"Yeah, the three of us almost died after getting beaten out by the abyss lector and a rude man guarding the upside-down castle. Good thing we successful escape. Even Shenhe can't beat the man with a big sword!" Paimon said.

"Hmm... So, The Chasm is not yet cleared?" Aether asked looking at Yelan.

"It was cleared. After they escape from danger. They regrouped again to clear the chasm, but this time it was Zhiqiong, Paimon, Shenhe, and I. We cleared the dungeon while avoiding the upside-down castle."

"Where is Dain?"

"Gone" Yelan replied.

"Dead?" He asked.

"No, That man leaves us for good. He didn't even say anything. He just disappeared after getting his ass beat by a hooded man!" Paimon shouted.

"Hooded man?" He smirked. "I wonder if her little experiment is a success," Aether thought.

"I see, Then what am I here for if it was already cleared?" He asked while Yelan sighed.

"I thought you already know? You said clearly yourself," she said.

"..."

After some staring contests. Yelan found it a waste of her time. "Just follow me"

Time skipped

"As I said earlier, I am not in any trouble. So you guys can go home now!" They heard someone shout.

They head to the source of the voice and they saw a tall-looking Oni, A ninja, and the Liyue Legal consultant named Yanfei.

"What are they doing here? Paimon asked to which the Traveler shrugged. The three continued to eavesdrop.

"Oh, okay. Anyway, what kind of work are you doing in this kind of place? Don't tell me you are also planning to become an adventurer" The ninja-looking girl asked.