Chapter 43 { The Princess and the Heron }

Release: Jan 25, 2023

"Kamisato art! Tri Soumetsou!" She shouted as her sword made three spiral waves of ice destroying enemies on her path, but there was no end to them.

"Ojou-sama! We need to retreat!" Thoma shouted with her arms bleeding out. they have been fighting them for too long.

"Find the exit! I'll try to fend them off!" She said dashing forward leaving Thoma away. Ayaka observed her surroundings and notice the water. She smirk as an idea pooped up. She then jumps far away landing in the water full of Bathysmal Vishop.

As soon as her feet touch the face of the water. In just a matter of seconds, the whole lake has been frozen.

The hooded figure seeing this just clapped her hand. "You're good...but not enough. After all, strength doesn't matter if you couldn't protect your friend there," She pointed out.

"What does she mean?" Ayaka thought as suddenly she noticed someone behind her. it was Thoma who was been kneeling on the ground with an arm missing and a big hole in his stomach. Dark branches growing out of it.

"How...I didn't sense him!" Ayaka shouted. "Thoma! Wake up! You can't die here! Thoma!"

He opened his eyes. "Ever since we got here...I'm disappointed that...I couldn't even help you...but now..." He coughed blood. "hey...Ojou-sama...did i...become useful?"

"Thoma...what are you saying? You won't die, right? You said right...that you will serve me until the end!" She screams with her eyes dripping wet.

"I'm...sorry," And with that Thoma's eyes slowly turned white.

"Thoma...I can't allow you to die...I won't let it. I will find a way and we will both leave this place alive!!" She shouted as she use her power to trap Thoma's body inside very thick ice.

She recalled one of her training where she tried to freeze a living animal. She find out that freezing them can make them live as the cold stopped the body from decomposing. She just hoped that it will work on humans.

"To be honest, I'm impressed at that guy's determination to be useful to you. I have always watched you...ever since you come here. That man was always being protected by you, he is a nuisance, He is useless, and he is weak. But now, I'm glad that he finally become useful. You dying this early won't be fun right?" She said.

"What do you mean?" She asked having a frozen particle spiraling around her.

"The moment you touch the water. I charged abyssal claws at you and that brat there, managed to slip in and stopped it with his shield. and just as you see, his shield broke and his body gets pierced."

"It's thanks to him that you're still alive," The Hooded man or woman said. Ayaka is already aware that it was a girl behind the hood because the voice was not of a man.

"Come down here...and we will fight. I swear, I will kill you," Ayaka said with her sword engulfed in pure ice. The whole surrounding was so cold that a normal human would be frozen to death if they even inhale it through their lungs.

"Are you sure you can?" Ayaka jump away as she heard the woman's voice in her ears. She look again at the top of the tower and notice she wasn't there.

"You said that you will kill me yet you can't even tell where am I," The hooded figure mocked her. Ayaka turned around staring at the unknown man.

"of course, I Wi-

before she could continue she felt her body slash open. Before the second attack could hit her. She generates 10 layers of icy shields around her. but it was all destroyed when the Unknown man's whip pierced through.