Chapter 54 { Next Destination }

Release: Aug 2, 2023

"And raaa woo boom! Xiao's power suddenly burst stronger than we have seen before!"

"You're exaggerating things. He looks beat up to me,"

"That's because you didn't even come and see!" Paimon shouted.

"Now now, stop with your fangirling and we will head to Mondstadt next," he pats her head which she bites back.

"ouch! What are you, a cat?"

"Bleh!" She pouted to which Aether sighed in annoyance.

"Anyway, why didn't you come?"

"Cuz I already know what will happen"

She look at him wanting to say something but she bit her lips instead. "Hey...
She can't hold it.

"You know that dungeon is dangerous right? We have a high possibility of not returning. Are you really not worried? What if I didn't return" She asked with a serious tone.

Aether stop on his track and thought for a moment. "Paimon, I'll be lying if I said that I'm not worried at all. I just can't come with all of you since I have other business to attend to, but I trust that you guys will survive on your own,"

"And what if we're not!?"

He didn't answer and continued walking. "Hey, Aether!"

"..." Paimon stop questioning him.

Sorry, Paimon, but I didn't trust you. Where were you at that time? You disappeared out of nowhere then the next day the unknown God appeared. You are not even there when my sister got killed.
Your appearance before me is also questionable. Your knowledge, Appearance...everything. but just wait, because once I have enough evidence...I will be the one who will kill you.

That's also the reason why I don't even care if you get trapped inside or what.

He thought. The two stayed silent for a long time until they arrived at the barrier.

Paimon looking at him. She sighs. "Sorry, I know you already had a lot on your hands. I apologize for asking such things.

He just smiled and pointed to the highest mountain of Mondstadt.

"Dragonspine?"

"Yes, that's our next destination"

"But what about the barrier?"

Aether's hand glowed and he swung his arm making a Golden wind blade infused with a strong amount of electro synergy on it.

*Boom

A big explosion then the barrier disappears.

It exploded. Paimon can't say anything. "How can he destroy an Archon's barrier!" Shouted on her thoughts.

"Let's go," he grabs Paimon as he zooms directly to the city of Mondstadt not caring about her scream at all.

Stormterrors Lair

A certain bard who is known to be the Anemo Archon was sitting on top of the tallest pillar while Dvalin flew above him.

Both of them stared at the big explosion which destroyed his barrier. They feel a sudden wave of energy heading to the city afterward.

Dvalin flew toward the city but before he could leave the lair. The bard stops him.

"The Mondstadt is still not prepared to meet you. I'll take care of this one Dvalin," The dragon roared.