Chapter 49 { We are Trap }

Release: Feb 19, 2023

"Hah! What the hell was that? I thought I'm going to die!" Itto shouted ringing their ears.

"O, shut up Stupid Oni! My ears hurt!" Paimon shouted.

"Boss, please be quiet or it will start another earthquake again," Shinobu reminded.

"Hey, so how far did we fall?" The little fairy asked while the others shrugged except for Yelan who is giving a death stare at the man at the top of them.

She can clearly see him smirking. "Done with your little play, Traveler?" She said trying not to shout.

"Eh! The Traveler is here?!!!!" The Oni shouted.

"You just noticed?" Paimon asked as they all nodded except for Yelan.

"I see, he didn't even show up with us earlier and just stayed from afar," Paimon sighed.

"Now, can you help us get up there?" Yanfei cheerfully asked. But her face is telling "Why did you do that, Traveler?" As if like asking for an explanation.

"How about...a No"

All of them get dumbfounded. Before they could retort back. The traveler says something. "Aren't you curious about what's in there? Maybe it could help you make a new map or something of The Chasm,"

"That doesn't explain why you blow us,"

"I didn't blow you guys. I just simply stop your little quarrel. After all, I hate wasting my time watching over useless fights by some stupid kids," he said.

"Hey, Paimon almost die you know!"

"Then, I guess it's this woman's fault why we are here then?" Itto point at Yelan.

"It's my duty to stop intruders from breaking important places. If telling the truth sound rude, then I'm afraid you're just too fragile" she says approaching her and looking into his eyes which the Oni gets mad again.

"Hey!...

"Boss, stop. I'm afraid you're not going to win this argument," Shinobu suggested.

"Whose side are you on here?... Okay, Fine," He stops afterward.

"Guys, is it just me or the Ceiling is gone?" Yanfei pointed out.

All of the turned upward and saw nothing but stone. "No way," Itto murmured and Shinobu gasped in shock while Paimon start to panic.

Yelan sighed and turned to them. "Guys listen to me. The Chasm is regarded as a mysterious area in Liyue. It was sealed off for years due to a mining accident. Whatever goes on down here, I suggest you remember this: You didn't see anything, You didn't hear anything, and you're not gonna ask any questions. Save you from getting caught up in things you shouldn't know about"

"I won't treat you as hostiles, and in exchange. I hope you won't make things difficult when it comes to keeping secrets. I'll do what I can to find a way out," She finished as she turned around.

"Huh? Where does she think she's going?" Itto asked in the usual manner.

"Like she said, to search for the exit. Chances are that Yelan is the best among us at survival and handling emergencies, we should just let her go." Yanfei says following the Lady.

"Hey, Wait for me. Where's the Traveler!!" Paimon shouted at them.

"Just leave him alone," Yelan suggested.

"Guess he didn't expect that we are going to disappear like that, Huh?" Itto laughed and Shinobu sighed.

The Group tries to find the exit and is on its way. Yanfei tells them stories about The Chasm as well as why she is in The Chasm in the first place.

"I came to the Chasm in search of the Fantastic Compass, which is mentioned in the will. It seems that the owner lost it here in The Chasm after taking it here. Throughout history, many wars have been fought in the vicinity of The Chasm. Even if that person dies in one of the wars. I still wish to give my utmost respect and fulfill the client's wish"

"Yelan's words are not unwarranted. There are dangers lurking around the Chasm...Just like now. Given that we are all caught in this mess, let's try to find a way out," Yanfei Finished.

Itto asked."seems that I need to throw away my pride just for today, huh?" Scratching his head. "Fine, from now on, we are a team, all of us. Of course, that big jerk includes too," he laughs.

With that, each of them searches for the exit. After a while. The group stumbled in front of a domain.

"The rock seems to be old. This domain must have existed for quite some time now," Yanfei observed.

"Hmm...

The group turned to the person behind them. "Eek! Xiao, don't show up out of nowhere!"

"Conqueror of Demon, what are you doing here?" Yanfei asked.

"Oh, I came down from above. I heard a noise, so I followed it here,"

"I see, so it's no accident. Wanna team up?" Paimon asked

"No, I'm here to do something. Also, you shouldn't be here. I would urge you to go back as soon as possible," and with that Xiao disappeared.

"...."

"And there he's gone"

"Aren't we supposed to ask him how did he get here if there are no holes at all?" Shinobu said with a sigh.

"That guy looks tough like me,"

"Should we be letting him go alone?" Shinobu asked.

"Oh, he wouldn't listen, no matter how much you tried to talk to him. He is super tough, so don't worry about him," Paimon reassures.

"Guess we don't have a choice but to find out," Itto suggest and Yelan took a step forward in front of the domain

"Then everyone, keep your eyes and ears peeled from here on out. We don't know what lies ahead, so we have to be ready for anything"

and with that the group all step inside the domain.

Inside the Domain. The group faces labyrinths that are unique to Liyue. Full of puzzles and monsters as they twist up and down. Paimon wondered if there is also an adepti living here because it is like the same mechanism but harder and more dangerous.

After completing the domain. They finally arrived at the exit. But to their surprise. Instead of exiting The Chasm itself. The group appeared in the area where they started.

"How strange"

"There is a legend in Inazuma about a merchant who was tricked by a bake-tanuki one evening and kept circling around the same place the whole night. Even by dawn, they still hadn't found the way out...

"Paimon's heard of that story too"

"So we're all familiar with the story then? Good, because I'm sure that's what happens to us right now."

"But fear not, I Arataki Itrto will take care of it," Itto Muttered as he summoned a little beast named ushi.

"Moo!

"What's that?" Yanfei asked.

"Meet Ushi! An auxiliary member of the Arataki Gang, HaHa. He got a good sense of direction so I'll let him lead the way this time"

"I don't know gangs could have auxiliary members," Yelan said in a sarcastic tone.

"Alright, Ushi! Go find us a way outta here!" And with that Ushi dash fast while the group followed.

But no matter what they did...they couldn't find the exit.

To be continue