Chapter 51 { It's been a while }

Release: April 29, 2023

Aether Pov

As soon as I finish my statement, I noticed my surroundings become fuzzy and I feel dizzy for a moment.

When I get back to my senses. I saw that the entrance, I mean the hole has been fully closed.

So this is what happen back then, huh...

I sight. I don't really need to think about it or think about them. I'm sure they can find their way out, just like we did in the past.

After a while, I decided to leave when suddenly, I felt something powerful nearby.
I rush and find the source of that power.

When I arrived there, I decided to stop for a moment. Why? Because I saw a lot of Hilichurl walking in line.

I decided to hide and follow them and I arrived there..."The Upside-down city...

A whole city floating in the air in an Upside-down position. "What's happening?"

I thought as I remember the earlier conversation. Yelan told me that the Chasm is already been cleared except for this area...The Nameless Ruin.

Paimom, Zhiqiong, and Shenhe together with Dain escape after being beaten. I can only think of one answer...The abyss finally becomes aware that this little experiment of theirs ends up as a failure.

I clearly saw it in my past life...no I feel it. It's hurt, I can feel so much pain because of the Fountain inside that Castle. I don't know what The abyss is thinking but... it's impossible to turn Hilichurl back to their Human form using that.

That's right... Khaenri'ah has risen again in my past life. In fact, every human that turns to monsters regains their Human intellect and emotions, but their appearance stays the same. They look like Ugly and scary monsters that humans feared.

The first thing they do is kill themselves because they can't live that way. But...the curse is still there. They cannot die. An immortal being in a form of a monster. They will suffer for eternity.

But my sister did something incredible. She helps them accept who they are and lead them in rebuilding their once-fallen nation.

As for I am? Well, I already finish my journey to the seven-nation that time. And I finally found my answer as to why Lumine wants to rebuild the Khaenri'ah so badly that she is prepared to declare war against an Archon.

Her against the whole world. Just to protect a nation that no longer exists. She's stupid...but,

"Even if the Nation has fallen. If the People is alive, then...we can always rebuild and take what's ours back"
She says.

I can clearly remember her persuading me. I laughed at my thoughts. The Nation has been rebuilt and slowly coming to its former glory with the help of other worldly knowledge. But there is something that caught me off guard that time.

"Aether...I'm************"
She said.

I accepted her for who she is. She is my dear sister after all. I can't just abandon nor let go of her.

She is solely mine.

Though there is one thing that I don't know about. "The Abyss"

What is their true goal? Why Lumine...why did I see some kind of chain with her that time.

I don't know at all. I never got the chance to find out. Time passed by and a war broke out...and again...The Khaenri'ah has fallen.

When my sister died. Wait... that's...

...

...

"That's Impossible!"

"Why did I forget about it!" I almost shouted as I clench my fist in madness.

I and Lumine are connected to each other via some sort of inheritance. If one of us died, as long as the other is alive then the one who died will live again, but...Lumine my sister...that time...I can't revive her.

And it seems that she is aware of it. Aware of her fate. How did that happen? Did our connection been cut off? But...by who?

Is it some curse from the abyss? Did they do something to her in exchange for abyssal powers?!

Some kind of price...

"Fuck...why the hell am I thinking too much about it? IT'S ALL IN THE PAST! I must focus on the present!" I slapped myself so hard that a red mark appear on my face.

Focus Aether Focus.

I lose if I ever let my guard down. I need to concentrate on what's in front of me. Because what will happen in the present will be the reason for the outcome of the future.

After coming to my senses. I decided to follow them inside, but before I can take a step forward, I notice them,

The Black Serpent Knights

The soldiers of Khaenri'ah that serve the fallen nation.

And there's a lot of them patrolling the city, maybe a hundred. I also notice abyssal mages and Heralds.

Why are there too many of them here?

The purpose of this experiment is to turn the Hilichurl back to humans, but that's Impossible as I said earlier.

I can hear a lot of screams inside. "Seems that they still haven't given up," the only reason they give up on using this fountain in the past is that I and Dain have destroyed it.

But now it's different.

"I'm sorry Lumine, but...I don't want to see the People of Khaenri'ah suffer more than they already are,"

I rush inside the city.

"INTRUDER!!!"

The Black serpent Knights notice me, The Abyssal Mages called for their boss too.

Countless Knights attack me at once, ranging from Sword, spear, shield, and bow. They are strong, Stronger than a professional Knight of Mondstadt. But I paid no mind to their numbers and knock every last one of them out.

After 47 minutes of fighting and running all the way there, I'm finally in the room where the fountain is stationed.
I panted heavily and wiped the sweat on my face. I'm so tired. It's been a while since I felt this.

Black serpent Knights are no ordinary opponent. Even though not possessing any Vision, they can still use elements to infuse with their weapons and attack, their skills in fighting are also extraordinary.

After I finally compose myself. I look at what's in front of me, and...

I remembered what Yelan told me.
"Dain left them behind after being beaten by the Hooded man"

In front of me were six Abyssal Lectors, and two Herald. Twelve Serpent Knights, and 27 Hilichurl screaming in Agony.

And

Sitting at the stairway in the middle of the room at the back of the device at my front that's powering the Fountain is the Hooded man.

"Who are you?" The man asked. It has the voice of a man, but...I know it's you. The abyss energy has the power to change the owners' voices.

That's why I know it's her, also I can't forget my sister's Aura. No matter how thick the Abyss is, I still can see how bright her aura was. even if it's already dark in color.

"It's been a while, Lumine"

To be continue