Chapter 33 { Asking her out }

Release: Jan 6, 2022

The next day

"So bright," She thought as she notice that it was already morning. Ayaka couldn't remember anything from last night, her memories are still fuzzy.

The door then opened really loud
"Ayaka good morning!" Paimon shouted surprising the heron.

"Morning Paimon" She greeted back as she yawned and stretches her arms as she noticed Paimon staring around. "What is it Paimon?" She asked.

"Did you see the traveler? I thought he was here" Paimon asked as Ayaka wondered where he could be as suddenly she remembered it all, everything that happened last night. Blushing really hard. After their little game, he carried her back inside and the moment her body touch the futon she was already passed asleep.

"Ayaka?" Paimon asked confused at the situation. "No-nothing!" She stuttered as she tried to inhale and exhale to stay calm.

She lay down on the futon again facing the opposite side while covered with a white sheet to avoid Paimon from looking at her messy state.
"About the traveler...what makes you..think that he is here?" She stuttered again as Paimon just smirk.

It seems like she already gets what's happening. "Hehe well, to be honest, if there is somewhere the Traveler wants to go into then it will be in your room" she enthusiastically replied as Ayaka blush more.

Good thing she's hiding under the sheet.
"Why do you think of that!" She asked and Paimon just laugh "just hunch after all...*laughed maniacally and approached Ayaka and whisper something to her "it seems that you just steal his heart and I can tell that it's the same with you"

She then leaves the room afterward trying to hide her laughter after imagining what the heron looks like under the sheet.

The heron's temperature on the other hand seems to increase rapidly as she looks like a bright tomato. "Aaah!" She yelled in excitement as she rolled on the ground like a little kid while covering her face with her hands suddenly she stopped when he noticed something is looking at her.

"..." She is dumbfounded. How could she let someone see her current state? "Ayaka did you bump your head somewhere?" A white-haired man asked trying to resist his laughter.

She then has a tick mark on her head and is 100% embarrassed. "Hey, brother how could you get into my room without knocking!" She shouted pointing at him.

"Hehe, how can I not if you're yelling too loud? I thought that something bad happen to you hehe-he but I guess my little sister just..." He smiled at the embarrassed woman in front of him who was literally hiding her face in a sheet again.

"My sister had fallen for someone," he says making her blush under the sheet. "Shut up I'm not!" But Ayato just smirks "then...how do you explain about last night?" He asked making her freeze.

"Eh... I don't know what your saying brother" she lied but Ayato just smiled widely. "Should it say it in a more influential way?" He asked...

"Just shut up and Leave!" She shouted and pushed her brother outside looking at the door. She then covered her face due to embarrassment and hoped that Ayato will not tell anyone while internally screaming.

"Where is that guy when I need him!" She thought blushing as she need more answers. Wonder where did that blonde boy go again.

With Aether

Ayato is currently walking back to his room to finish some work. When he open the shoji door he saw someone sitting there. "What brings you here, traveler?" He close the door and politely asked and sit on the floor just in front of him.

"It's about Ayaka" Is what he said as Ayato smirked. "Are you going to marry my sister? Hehe, I'll allow it then!" he enthusiastically cheered.

Aether just smiled. "That's not what I mean" his face turned to seriousness. It didn't go unnoticed by Ayato as he look around and when he was sure that there is no one around he said "Talk"

The two talk for a while. Aether told him about Ayaka's circumstances. About the power sleeping within her.

A vision is an elemental ability bestowed upon the people of Teyvat by the Gods. Aether notices something in the past and that is the origin of visions.

Vision is a fraction of god's powers. It was made into a look of a pendant and will only activate on the chosen persons who deserve it.

But there is something that the Teyvat do not know except the gods. Are visions really just a fraction of God's powers?

Aether told him everything and Ayato is literally surprised and nervous. "So something is really happening to her?" Ayato asked in concern and the Traveler nodded.

Ayato is happy that his sister had become strong, but after hearing what the Traveler just said. He can't deny that it's the truth. The way he said those is proof that he is not lying.

"Is there any way to turn her back to normal?" Ayato asked but the traveler sadly replied. "All she could do was to accept the power resides within her or...die along with it"

Ayato couldn't believe this, her sister will die if she don't control her powers rampaging in the future. He is certain that no one can stop her and make her go back to normal if that day happens. The only person who can come near her while taking a heavy amount of damage is the Shogun herself.

But he doubts that she is going to help Ayaka, but rather, she would just eliminate her. Ayato is clenching her fist really hard.

Aether then slowly stands as he is going to buy something first in the town but before he could leave he said "I'm also going to leave Inazuma"

Surprising Ayato with the two pieces of news. Ayaka's unknown powers and the Travelers leaving. "She will be sad if you go," he said but aether just smiled.

"It's needed... I'm...just like my sister...I'm in a war with destiny" is what he said as he disappeared leaving no trace at all.

Ayato on the other hand just bash the table really hard that it broke and make his fist bleed.

With Ayaka

As soon as she calmed down she then heads outside to breathe some fresh air. She sits on the tatami floor admiring the scenery of her garden.

She heard footsteps behind her and turned around. His smiles grow wide as she saw the traveler standing behind her. "Morning," he said.

"M-morning" stuttered Ayaka while hiding her face. The traveler then sit beside her and said. "Ayaka"

"Ye-ye-s!?" She stuttered still embarrassed at the situation. The Traveler doesn't mind it though.

He make a deep breath and said it "Would you mind checking the festivals with me tonight?" This caught her off guard as she look into his eye directly surprised at what had just happened.

She then turned around and hide her face. "Is...he...asking me out?" She thought while coverings her face who was now red as a tomato.

After a minute of silence, she finally replied.
"I... Would love to" still hiding her face. Aether smiled at her reply and extend his arm put it on her waist, she yelled in surprise then the traveler pull her to him.

She is too embarrassed and couldn't say anything at all. A moment passed and she just stayed calm and smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.

She hoped that this kind of Feeling will last forever.

To be continue