Chapter 20

She sighed quietly and then nodded her head yes. Hobi was trying to maintain his positive attitude but it was getting harder, she was so excited about the other two but with him it was annoyance and complete indifference.

"We fucked up Hyungie, big time."

Jin turned to look at Yoongi, "I don't care, let them figure out how to get her to attach to them like we did."

Yoongi sighed, "you don't feel bad that we have to use our powers in order to get her to be with them? She clearly doesn't like it but because of the imprint she has to."

"I don't, Yoongi I love her. I know that it's ridiculous but I do, I don't know if she would have ever fallen for me so I'm going to use everything in my power to my advantage."

"Well, I feel bad."

Jin narrowed his eyes a bit, "then don't use your powers on her. Easy as that. I don't mind using them, but if you do, then don't." Yoongi watched Jin storm off, this isn't right Jinnie. This isn't how you treat someone you love.

"Well we are here Hobi, what is it you wanted to do?"

Hobi dropped the smile for a second then took a deep breath and it was back. "I got you something." He pointed towards the chest that was sitting in the middle of his room.

She looked at him with curiosity so he pointed towards it again. He wanted her to open it, almost desperately. He was hoping this would win him some brownie points. She unlocked the lock and inside was a trunk full of books. He had asked Jennifer what he could get Vi that would make her happy and she said books.

Her mouth dropped open, she was speechless it seemed. Hobi kneeled down beside her, "do you like?"

Her body turned to him, there were tears in her eyes. "Hobi, how did you know?"

Hobi reached forward slowly and tucked some hair behind her ear, "Jennifer told me silly."

She perked up, she grabbed his upper arms "you've talked to Nanny?"

Oh this is interesting, has no one told her yet? "Yes, a few days ago."

"She's out? She's no longer in my Uncle's dungeon?"

"Yeah, we got her out the day after you got here. Did no one tell you?"

She shook her head no, "when can I see her?"

He scratched the back of his head, "well we have her laying low right now, we are trying to get her family and her out of Ellesfire safely and far from your Uncle's reach." 

"But she's safe?"

"Completely safe, I promise you." What she did next surprised the crap out of him. She flew towards him and wrapped her arms around him so tightly. She kept whispering thank you over and over. Hobi wrapped his arms around her small frame, "of course Princess. We'd do anything to make you happy."

She scoffed, "well you can start by not calling me Princess."

He couldn't help but laugh at how annoyed it made her, now he sees why Yoongi does it so much. "Deal Vi, now show me which book is your favorite."

She pulled away and it took everything in him to not pout, she started digging through the trunk and after a few minutes she pulled out a book. "This one, I love the entire series."

It was a book he had never heard of, "tell me about it."

She spent the next 30 minutes telling me a very interesting story about people that represent tarot cards and how they have to fight to the death. He never would read the book himself, but listening to her talk about it but was really nice. "Hobi, do you mind if I read for a bit? I'll stay in here, I just. It's been a while since I got to read."

He picked her up and carried her to his bed, Hobi got comfortable against the headboard and sat her in between his legs. She snuggled into him and cracked her book open, his hands ran up and down her body. Her smell was intoxicating, he pulled her hair to the side. Hobi ran his nose up and down the side of her neck. "Can I, please?"

She didn't even answer, she just patted him on the thigh and hummed a bit. He bit into her and groaned, she tastes so good. He wasn't starving so he didn't take a lot. When he was done he sealed the wound and just held her. She was no longer turning the pages, Hobi looked over her shoulder at her face and she was asleep.

He wasn't going to push her like the others. He's not a flirt like the younger ones or bossy like Joon. He's silly and fun, he'll be her happiness, the one she comes to when she's sad.

He'll have her eventually like Jin and Yoongi do, but he doesn't want to rush or push it. He grabbed her book and sat it on the nightstand. He gently got her settled onto her side so he could hold her.

He'd let her sleep a few hours and then he needed to wake her up so she could eat. He rolled her over to face him. She was pouting in her sleep and it made him smile. He traced her eyebrows, her nose, and finally her lips.

Her eyes slowly blinked open, they were a beautiful golden brown. "Did I fall asleep?" Hobi nodded his head yes. She frowned a bit, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"Vi you never have to apologize to me for falling asleep. If you are tired and want to be left alone, come in here and nap. I'll keep them away you can rest, no matter whose day it is."

That actually got him a real genuine smile from her. "Really?"

"Really. But you have to make me a promise." She cocked her head to the side a bit, asking him what. "If you want to nap here you'll have to give me payment."

She frowned, he knew she would. He was sure she thinks the worst of them. "What do you want as payment Hobi?"

Hobi reached forward and tucked some hair behind her ear, she flinched a little. "A smile, that's all I want."