CHAPTER 21: MOTHER AND CHILDREN

He had to say, being able to fall asleep without any reservations or even the slightest trauma despite being in such circumstances was truly a praiseworthy talent on a whole new level.

That night he had no dreams. Lin Qiushi had originally expected an incident to break out on the first night; he certainly didn't expect to be able to sleep peacefully throughout the entire night, only to awaken when the sun rose.

By the time morning arrived, the triplets' household had already prepared breakfast for them.

The mother of the triplets was extremely kind and welcoming, and the meal smelled absolutely delicious. But at first, everyone simply sat at the table; not a single person touched their chopsticks, until finally, Ruan Nanzhu took the first bite of the food.

"Not bad." Ruan Nanzhu remarked. "What are you all staring at me eating for? Why aren't you eating?"

"Can this be eaten?" Xu Xiaocheng, who had dark circles under her eyes and looked as if she hadn't slept well last night, wondered if the food was safe to eat. "There isn't a problem with the food, right?"

Ruan Nanzhu snorted, "Even if there's a problem with it, you still have to eat. What, do you only plan to drink water for the seven days we're staying here?"

Well, that was certainly the case. After all, there were no other sources of food in this building.

After thinking long and hard, and eventually coming to terms with this, everyone picked up their chopsticks and began digging into the breakfast before them. While they were in the middle of eating, the triplets came out of their room. The three wore the same exact blood-red dress, their hair was tightly drawn back into pigtails, and their identical faces carried no expressions. From the very beginning, the triplets didn't show any emotion to these strangers who had arrived without any notice; it was as if they were merely facing some empty air.

Tang Yaoyao finally couldn't bear being subject to their dead stares. In a low voice, she inquired, "Children, what are your names?"

When this question fell from her mouth, three pairs of eyes stared unblinking at Tang Yaoyao. The pairs of eyes only revealed black and white; not a single trace of life could be found in their eyes, they were completely devoid of any feeling. Those who encountered such a scene were only left inexplicably terrified and flustered.

"I can't just tell someone my name." The little girl standing in the middle finally opened her mouth. She added, "And even if I did tell you, it's not like you'd be able to recognize me."

Tang Yaoyao was rendered speechless by this statement. "Ah, I see..."

"If you don't tell us, how are you supposed to know for sure we won't recognize you." Ruan Nanzhu, who was sitting at the side, suddenly spoke up. He didn't seem the least bit afraid of the temperament of the three strange kids before him. He gracefully set down the chopsticks in his hand, and his tone was cold, deadpan. "Whether you like it or not, you should be polite to any guests who come over to the house, don't you think?"

Upon hearing this, the three little girls exchanged glances with each other. Finally, the one in the middle decided to speak. She introduced, "My name is Xiao Yi. Her name is Xiao Shi. And she is Xiao Tu1."

It took Lin Qiushi every ounce of strength in his body to hold back from spitting out everything in his mouth after finding out their names. He thought to himself, your mother is really perfunctory, to think she even gave you guys some half-assed names like these.

While listening in, the others also exposed faint smiles.

Xiao Yi: "Now that I've told you, you have to remember it well, okay?"