Chapter 113: Mole

"I'm Behind You" was likely the most powerful among all the Hako Onna's power cards—it could eliminate every single person in a room. However, this power had a very important triggering condition—it could only be used after six power cards had been unlocked. That was the only good news at this point.

The newbie wasn't comforted at all. After listening to Ruan Nanzhu's explanation she began to sob, weeping about how she shouldn't have opened that chest, she knew her luck was awful, ten straight years of lottery tickets and she'd never so much as won five yuan, and of course the moment she opened a chest she opened up this sort of thing.

Lin Qiushi didn't know how to comfort her either. To tell the truth, he really did think that this girl was unfortunate. But at least she'd opened up a power, not the Hako Onna herself...

"What do we do? Are we all going to die here?" Miss Newbie kept crying and crying, rubbing ceaselessly at her tears. "Maybe if we all stay in the same room, then the Hako Onna's power can't be activated..."

"In your dreams." Ruan Nanzhu ruthlessly shattered her delusion. "The group cannot all stay in one room—that's the rule inside the doors, or something completely beyond our control will happen. Besides, even if this door makes an exception for that rule and everybody squeezes into a single room, the moment the Hako Onna's mole finds a chance to slip outside, she'll easily be able to kill everyone else in one fell swoop."

"So what do we do?" the girl asked pathetically. "Do we just wait around to die then?"

"Who knows." Ruan Nanzhu didn't give her an answer.

The three of them returned to their room, and Liang Miye sighed, saying this girl's luck really was something awful.

"It is awful," Ruan Nanzhu said. "She managed to find this of all cards."

"Say, do you think the Hako Onna knows where every item is hidden?" Lin Qiushi suddenly asked.

"It's hard to say," Ruan Nanzhu shook his head. "When we played the game outside, at least, the Hako Onna knows."

In the tabletop, the Hako Onna had a judge-like role, and was in charge of placing all the power cards. After she placed them, however, she couldn't move them unless she used a power.

But what was the case inside the door? Ruan Nanzhu's best guess was that most likely, she didn't know the location of the items. Otherwise her mole among the humans could simply open up all her powers in one go. There was no escaping for any player if that was the case.

Lin Qiushi nodded, and felt that this made a bit more sense. At the same time he was pondering the matter of the mole. Presently, there were eighteen people left inside the house—it was still a large number, and finding the mole among them would not be an easy task.

Liang Miye and Ruan Nanzhu continued chatting idly about the mole.

Ruan Nanzhu said that he didn't have any clues at the present, but in his tone of voice, Lin Qiushi could make out something of a glitch. He glanced at Ruan Nanzhu and just happened to meet his eyes.

Ruan Nanzhu said, "I honestly don't know at this point who the mole is. They're too well-hidden."

As he said this, his gaze gradually landed on the chests before them, almost like he was speaking to the chests themselves.

"I really hope we find the mole soon."

With that as his conclusion, Ruan Nanzhu called an end to the conversation.

Night fell, and the mansion quieted.

Lin Qiushi lied in the darkness with his eyes closed and ready to sleep. But then he felt someone worm their way into his bedding—undoubtedly, it was Ruan Nanzhu.