Chapter 133: A Hundred-Ghost Riot

Afterwards, Lin Qiushi shot Ruan Nanzhu a couple more texts, even asking where Ruan Nanzhu was. But no more replies came from the other end, so Lin Qiushi's anxiety grew more and more potent.

The rain continued to fall, and Lin Qiushi sat inside a bus station. The empty streets were enveloped by the wash of rain, and what was already a dimly lit road became only dimmer thanks to the ceaseless downpour. The entire world felt like the blur of a slowly melting oil painting.

Lin Qiushi felt a bit cold, and began to cough under his breath. He knew it was about time to leave, because on the other end of the rainfall, he could see a dark silhouette gradually approaching. Though he couldn't tell concretely what the figure was, it...obviously wasn't going to be anything pleasant.

So Lin Qiushi got up and started walking again. As he walked further and further, black frames appeared on both sides of the empty road. The frames hung from tree trunks, and some of the canvases showed off humans, struggling and hideous, while others were blank.

It was like the road before Lin Qiushi's eyes had morphed into an art gallery, with the owner's beloved artworks lining both sides. Only, some had not yet been filled, and Lin Qiushi was the artwork she was fixated upon.

Lin Qiushi looked at his watch. There were still two hours until daybreak, and just as he deliberated the best way to survive until then, he heard footsteps approaching from behind.

Lin Qiushi looked back over his shoulder and saw a skinless person watching him in the middle of the darkened street—it was Xu Jin's sister. The sister was lying flat on the wet asphalt ground, black hair splayed messily over her shoulders. Because she had no legs, she could only move forward by her hands, but she was not slowed down at all by this. In fact, she was more like a beast let out of its cage, rushing like crazy toward Lin Qiushi. Rain fell upon on her body and sluiced off fresh red liquid. Lin Qiushi too took off sprinting, only his speed was no match for Xu Jin's sister's at all, and in the space of a blink, she was behind him.

A gust of wind hit him from behind, and Lin Qiushi ducked to dodge the attack. He threw himself into the bushes at the side, watching as the monster landed exactly where he'd just been.

But that was just the beginning. Without Xu Jin's interference, her sister did not hold back any of her intent to kill Lin Qiushi. She seemed like she couldn't wait to slaughter Lin Qiushi in the most miserable way possible.

Back when Lin Qiushi was leaving that door, she'd slapped him on the back, resulting in a serious bout of pneumonia that had hospitalized him for a long while. Now that the chance to kill him was within grasp, she certainly would not be merciful.

Lin Qiushi rolled across the muddy floor, an embarrassing mess all over. He tried to get up and go but the mud-slicked ground made him fall straight back down. Xu Jin's sister took the opportunity to crawl toward him at top speed.

She crouched above Lin Qiushi's head, twisting her own to look at Lin Qiushi. Clear rainwater washed through her muscles, becoming scarlet and gamy. That liquid then dripped all over Lin Qiushi's face and body, and from where Lin Qiushi lied, he could see, slithering through her stark white teeth, a deep red tongue...

The monster flashed Lin Qiushi a ferocious smile. She met Lin Qiushi's eyes as if to enjoy Lin Qiushi's terror before dying.

"Why would she like you so much?" The monster lowered its head and mumbled into Lin Qiushi's ear. Those long nails glided across Lin Qiushi's skin and cleaved a cut across his cheek. Red liquid trickled out from where she cut, and Lin Qiushi could feel the heat of his own blood.

The moment seemed to be a dead end, but Lin Qiushi's gaze flitted past the monster and landed on a black frame hanging beside it.

He took a deep breath, and asked, "aren't you worried your sister will hate you if you kill me?"