CHAPTER 59: TRANSMISSION

After a simple breakfast, everyone left the dining hall.

This time Wang Tianxin didn't have the intention to go out, after having lost his companion. Embarrassed, he told the others that he wanted to return to his room.

Someone asked him in a tone devoid of all courtesy, "Wang Tianxin, thinking of hiding in your room and not coming out?"

Upon being abruptly interrogated, Although Wang Tianxin felt a little embarrassed, he firmly replied, "Yeah, I don't feel very well, so I'm not going out today."

The person who had questioned him sneered, "I assume that you won't be feeling very well for the following days as well?"

Humiliation drove him into fury as Wang Tianxin rebuked, "What does that have to do with you? So what if I don't feel well? Try feeling sick with me if you're capable of it!"

This reply of his was extremely shameless. The gazes that fell upon him were filled with contempt.

With the exception of two first-timers, most of the group were those who had experienced many doors and had come across people who are uselessly passive like Wang Tianxin before.

These people won't take the initiative to find information and are only concerned with their own survival. These people do nothing as part of the team and are entirely a burden on others.

Ruan Nanzhu glanced at Wang Tianxin. Having no comment, he left with Lin Qiushi.

After leaving the inn, Ruan Nanzhu passively commented, "Considering my former temperament, somebody like Wang Tianxin shouldn't even think of leaving this place alive."

Lin Qiushi, "I thought you couldn't kill people within the world of the doors?"

With half a smile, Ruan Nanzhu replied, "How would a law-abiding citizen like myself commit murder? There are so many ways to let someone die, it's not necessary to taint my own hands."

It was indeed so. The worlds inside the doors were so full of danger in the first place that it seemed like human life held no value at all.

Ruan Nanzhu, "If two or three people who are like him appear, then there's a high chance of total annihilation."

Lin Qiushi, "What do you mean?"

Ruan Nanzhu, "Think about it. Humans all like to compare themselves with one another. If you're working hard, risking your life to find information while somebody else is doing nothing but hide in their own room, can you really feel at peace?"

Lin Qiushi, "That's true..."

Ruan Nanzhu didn't continue on this topic but his expression was very clear. If Wang Tianxin causes trouble again, then he really wouldn't be able to leave this door.

Their plan today was to visit and inspect all the families with children in the town again. Although Dong Tianwei said that the families were determined to keep their children hidden from them, Lin Qiushi felt that these children may be key to making a breakthrough. He and Ruan Nanzhu walked across the town to a row of dilapidated two-story buildings.

The paint on the walls of these buildings have mostly fallen off. There are faint signs of erosion caused by rain on the corners of the building. The doors were locked and small yards were sectioned out by barbed wires. The insides of the yards were overgrown with densely packed weeds; to be honest, if it weren't for the light shining from inside the windows, this place really didn't look like a place where people lived.

However, the architectural designs of these rows of buildings were very similar, and they all give off a feeling of 'strangers are prohibited'

In the morning, Lin Qiushi had asked Dong Tianwei in detail about the situations of these families. Dong Tianwei's answer was that although they were able to get inside the homes with no problem, they didn't see any children. The attitudes of the parents were also very cold and they refused to answer any questions.