Chapter 107: Twelfth Door

After returning from his hometown, Lin Qiushi passed another peaceful length of time. He picked up two missions in the interim with Ruan Nanzhu's introductions, and entered a couple of doors with people from other organizations. These were, of course, low-level doors, carefully tackled with hints in hand. Though there were some hardships, everybody came out safely.

On the other hand, Ruan Nanzhu had started planning for the tenth door. This was a door that they could have entered with Cheng Yixie, but Cheng Yixie turned down Ruan Nanzhu's invitation, expressing that he'd go through his tenth door with his brother alone. Regarding this matter, Lin Qiushi had been confused for a while about Cheng Yixie's stubbornness. It was a long time before he understood that Cheng Yixie refused because he'd privately obtained another hint about the tenth door.

A hint that he couldn't show anybody else.

Ruan Nanzhu had known for a while, so didn't argue further with Cheng Yixie. Instead he turned his sights onto other orgs, beginning his search for people who were passing their tenth doors.

And because of Ruan Nanzhu's standing in the community, finding someone like this wasn't difficult. They very quickly got news that, in Bai Ming's organization, there was a young woman passing her tenth door. Her door count was higher than Bai Ming's, and she was an impressive character.

Due to biological differences, most women were not as fit as men; in physical confrontations, they typically took the weaker position. And so, the survival rate of women inside the doors was low, but those who have survived are all top players.

That woman's name was Liang Miye. Whether or not that was a pseudonym was unclear. All they knew was that she was a vet of Bai Ming's organization White Bear—that she was usually pretty low-key, with very little presence.

There were about as many people in White Bear as there was in Obsidian, around six or seven. While few, all of them were experts.

It was just that Bai Ming's door count was slightly lower than Ruan Nanzhu's. He was only going into his tenth door at the end of next year.

So Liang Miye was actually the first in their organization to pass a tenth door.

"Do you have a hint for the tenth door?" During negotiations, Bai Ming was thorough in questioning Ruan Nanzhu. This was a major figure in his own org after all. If anything were to happen, they'd be suffering a major loss.

"Yes," Ruan Nanzhu said. "A detailed one. Of course, if you have a more detailed one we can also use yours."

"We don't have a hint for the tenth door," Bai Ming said. "There was a bit of an accident leaving the ninth door, and someone else took it first. What I meant was, if you don't have a hint for the tenth door, you ought to do another ninth door first."

Ruan Nanzhu said, "that you don't have to worry about."

Bai Ming, "alright then. Her door will be at the start of this year—there's around a five month difference from Cheng Yixie's door."

Cheng Yixie's door would be in May.

Ruan Nanzhu nodded his understanding.

"Then I leave her to you," Bai Ming smiled. "But you better bring her back out."

"Sorry, there's no guarantee." Ruan Nanzhu wasn't having it at all. "I can only provide the hint. As for whether or not she'll make it out, I can't say for sure."

Bai Ming lifted an eyebrow, and asked, "is the tenth door really that scary?"

Ruan Nanzhu, "there's a qualitative difference."