Chapter 114: Found

The numbers on the sticky notes Sun Yuanzhou passed out were different for each person.

Ruan Nanzhu got eight, Lin Qiushi got seven, and Liang Miye got six. These notes could distinguish which person opened which chests. Sun Yuanzhou had done this as a precaution, but now it had come of unexpected use.

In order to eliminate Sun Yuanzhou as a potential mole, Lin Qiushi had told Sun Yuanzhou in private the day before that he'd found the Doll Mary[1]. But the Hako Onna never used the "My Doll Mary" power until Ruan Nanzhu once again made the announcement in front of the entire group. This proved that Sun Yuanzhou wasn't on the Hako Onna's side, or the Hako Onna would've used the fastest method to eliminate Ruan Nanzhu. If he were dead, after all, they'd be down one powerful rival, and the group would be without a leader.

According to everybody's behaviors these past few days, Ruan Nanzhu also guessed that there was a limit to how many chests the humans could open in a day, and they couldn't just open however many they liked. This was likely a rule to restrict the Hako Onna's partnership with the humans—she knew where all the Hakobito were, after all, and after avoiding all the Hakobito, that player could open every chest in one go and then destroy all useful items. This would be akin to a dead end for the human players.

Judging by their progress these past few days, the mole definitely could not just open however many chests they wanted. As for the mole's identity, Ruan Nanzhu also already had a guess.

After discussing matters with Sun Yuanzhou for another little while, he finally returned to the dining room.

Lin Qiushi was just about to ask after Ruan Nanzhu when he noticed Sun Yuanzhou looking at him oddly. It was a look a bit like disdain, flavored with some envy.

Slightly bewildered, Lin Qiushi wondered what exactly Ruan Nanzhu said to Sun Yuanzhou out there.

"Darling," Ruan Nanzhu said, leaning his head on Lin Qiushi's shoulder. "I want to talk to you about something."

"Alright," Lin Qiushi nodded.

So the three left the dining room and found a random empty room on the second floor to talk.

In order to confirm that the Hako Onna wasn't around, Lin Qiushi used the pen immortal in the hallway. It made sure she was on the first floor and couldn't hear what they were discussing.

Inside the room, Ruan Nanzhu gave them a simple rundown of Sun Yuanzhou's sticky notes.

"Oh he's good," Liang Miye complimented afterwards. "If he hadn't snuck in such a move, then we'd really have no other solutions."

If they couldn't even distinguish which chests were opened up by their people and which by the mole, then that would truly be the worst scenario.

"Mh. So now the problem is, who is the mole?" Ruan Nanzhu said.

Lin Qiushi gave it a thought.

"I think if the mole isn't all that brilliant, they're bound to leave some clues."

Ruan Nanzhu propped his chin up in his hand.

"I currently have a suspect. If it really is that person, then they really aren't all that smart."

"It's best if they aren't," Lin Qiushi said. "We only have to count up the number of chests that person's opened to confirm their identity."

They'd been here for three days. The number of opened chests per person, therefore, would not exceed three. Honestly, putting aside extenuating circumstances like the first day and possessing items, the number of chests opened per person ought to be between one and two. Since the mole was working with the Hako Onna, however, they'd definitely open as many chests as possible. Everybody's sticky notes were blank at a glance anyways—they could choose to write down the content of the chest, or they could not. The mole didn't know that Sun Yuanzhou had put his little trick on the sticky notes, and so in order to prevent the other players from opening unopened chests and gaining more items, they very well might have stuck on more sticky notes than one or two.