CHAPTER 53: THE REAL WORLD

There would be people who loathed the mundane ways of life. It was only after they'd experienced a world like those inside the doors, they would come to cherish a mundane life's simplicity.

The passing cars, the walking pedestrians—even the clouds that floated by the horizon and the grasses that sprouted by the side of the road—would turn into a source of comfort inside the doors. Lin Qiushi and Cheng Qianli both laid on the chairs at the top of the building as they bathed in the warmness of the sunlight.

Toast and Chestnut were just next to them. Toast jumped around as it wagged its tail, while Chestnut was sprawling next to Lin Qiushi and Cheng Qianli, comfortably stretching its body and basking in the sun with them.

Cheng Qianli fell asleep not long later, his breathing gradually became stationary.

Lin Qiushi was at the brink of falling asleep as well when he heard the sound of an argument coming from downstairs. The voices were quite distant from him—almost inaudible to normal people, but they echoed in his eyes like a soft ringing.

He originally thought it was someone arguing in the villa, but as he listened more closely, he realized something about it wasn't quite right—these voices belonged to Ruan Nanzhu and Cheng Yixie.

"Why are you doing this, Cheng Yixie? Your little brother would be unhappy if he knew." These words belonged to Ruan Nanzhu, and although it sounded calm, Lin Qiushi knew, from all that he understood of Ruan Nanzhu during this period of time, that he was truly angry.

"That is why he will never find out." Cheng Yixie said, "Big brother Ruan, I know your intentions meant well."

Ruan Nanzhu: "Do you?"

Cheng Yixie: "But I have no other choices left."

Ruan Nanzhu coldly said: "I hope you do."

Lin Qiushi had never heard such a cold, frosty tone from Ruan Nanzhu before, filled with absolute disappointment towards the person in front of him. He fell into deadly silence after he'd said those words, and Cheng Yixie no longer explained himself either.

The contents of this conversation wasn't very distinct to begin with; if not for the strange tones from both of them, Lin Qiushi would never have thought that they were arguing. He pondered over it for a while and guessed that this matter was somehow related to Cheng Qianli, but he didn't know what it was about in general.

The warmth of the sun made one feel drowsy. As his surroundings gradually quietened down, Lin Qiushi slowly closed his eyes. Just as he was about to fall asleep, a black shadow suddenly loomed over him. Lin Qiushi abruptly woke up to be greeted by Ruan Nanzhu quietly looking at him after he'd opened his eyes.

Lin Qiushi jumped and climbed down from the chair as he said: "Something the matter?"

Ruan Nanzhu: "Get prepared. Accompany me out to see someone."

Lin Qiushi said: "Alright..."

After Ruan Nanzhu said these words, he turned around to leave, neither telling him why they were heading out, or who they were going to see.

However, this information will make themselves known soon enough. Lin Qiushi changed into a new set of clothes and got up Ruan Nanzhu's car as they headed towards the town.

Upon arriving into the town, the car took a turn into a hidden little district. There was something special about this district, seeing how an incredibly tight security was wrapped around it.

Lin Qiushi was a little curious about it. "What sort of people does this little district hold?"

"Wealthy merchants, influential political figures, and prominent superstars." Ruan Nanzhu said, "The person we will be seeing later has a special identity, so all you need to do is listen from the side."