CHAPTER 30: THE TEMPLE

As soon as Lin Qiushi entered the building, he spotted a scowling youth with flashy yellow hair stomping angrily and waving his hand around. The young male was dressed in alternative clothing, and a silver ring hung from his bottom lip. Just from his appearance, he looked like a delinquent, like one of the many unprincipled thugs regarded as the dregs of society. The feral youth growled and cursed at the crowd, but the rest of the crowd simply stared back at him indifferently and contemptuously, as if he was merely an insignificant clown in their eyes.

Upon seeing Lin Qiushi and the Xu Jin, who was accompanying him, step foot into the building, the youngster grew even more agitated. Baring his teeth like a caged animal, he pointed at them and, with false bravado, snarled, "Are you fuckers with these people too? What the hell do you even want from me? You want to blackmail me? Cheat me? Get me the hell out of here or else...or else...I-I'll break your fucking necks!"

Lin Qiushi was truly amused hearing the young man's bluff. "Didn't you just say you'll be calling the police? Yet now you're saying that you're going to kill us?"

"You're courting death!" The young man's face flushed deeper with wrath at Lin Qiushi's words. Absolutely incensed, he roared, "Keep spouting bullshit like that and I'll fucking cut you! Don't you know who I am, huh?! How dare you speak like that to me!"

Paying no more heed to the youth and his threats, Lin Qiushi casually swept his eyes across the crowd.

Just one glance made his heart sink in his chest. Behind the young man, he caught sight of thirteen individuals, some just standing around and others simply sitting. And with Lin Qiushi, Xu Jin, and that youth, that brought the total up to sixteen people.

This was the first time Lin Qiushi had seen so many people gathered together. He could hardly imagine just how difficult this world was going to be.

Most of the individuals in the crowd couldn't care any less for the commotion. They merely ignored the ill-tempered youth and didn't bother reasoning with him.

After all, trying to reason with a stubborn brick wall was such a troublesome task, so why should they concern themselves with this matter? There was no need to waste words on a dead man.

There were five men and eight women within the group of thirteen. Lin Qiushi soon found his targets—a teenager standing near the front of the crowd and a woman inconspicuously sitting in the corner, her facial features hidden.

Although their appearances were unfamiliar, Lin Qiushi was still able to recognize their identity from the clothes they were wearing.

The woman was Ruan Nanzhu, and the teenager was Cheng Qianli.

Without showing any changes in expression, Lin Qiushi naturally removed his gaze immediately after finding them.

"What's with your attitude when I'm speaking to you!" The yellow-haired youth suddenly exploded when he saw Lin Qiushi's dismissive attitude. Quickly drawing a knife from his pocket, he brandished it in the air, "You're really asking for death, you know that!"

Just when he yelled this, a calm "Now, now." resonated from within the room. No sooner, two hands pressed over the young man's shoulders, as if trying to pacify the man, and a light, refreshing male voice drifted from behind the youth's back, "Friend, you're so young, and you should be having fun at your age. There's no need to get so angry and frown like this, yes?"

Lin Qiushi followed the melodic voice and saw a handsome, masculine face. The attractive man was currently smiling soothingly at the youth, and his silky tone was ever so gentle, "Now, what's the problem here? Tell it to us slowly."

No one knew what the man with the syrupy voice did, but the youth suddenly turned pale, as if all the blood drained from his face. He clenched his jaw and shakily put away his knife. Through gritted teeth, he lowly spat out, "Don't try to deceive me."