Chapter 88: An Unexpected Death

Though he didn't manage to get the hint from this door, there was still gain in his loss—he'd brought Yan Shihe's gun out with him.

Upon careful thought, this wasn't a loss at all, since everything that could be brought out of the doors was special. Lin Qiushi could be considered very lucky.

But having said that, the special nature of the doors meant that, when faced with ghosts and deities and the like, having a gun wasn't all that useful either. Lin Qiushi had been in Obsidian for a long time now, but this was the first he was hearing of not being able to bring guns in.

Ruan Nanzhu seemed to know what Lin Qiushi was thinking, and said, "naturally, you can't bring in any weapons that are too dangerous, or people always end up going too far."

Lin Qiushi, "too far?"

Ruan Nanzhu, "someone once tried bringing a rocket launcher inside..."

Lin Qiushi's expression twisted at this. "Are you serious?" Someone had really tried to bring that sort of thing in? Wasn't the world of the doors a world of ghosts? Were things like that actually useful?

"I'm serious," Ruan Nanzhu said. "You can try to imagine, if that kind of thing was really brought inside, then that person aims it at the targeted building..."

Lin Qiushi, "..." Even imagining it, he felt speechless.

Whatever the case, according to Ruan Nanzhu basically no firearms could be brought in. At most, you could have a dagger or something for self-defense.

And so Lin Qiushi once again felt he'd gotten a sweet deal.

Currently, Lin Qiushi was very physically fit. Though he'd gotten shot inside, once outside, he was pretty much recovered after a few days in the hospital.

Back at the mansion, he even received Chestnut's enthusiastic welcome.

Lin Qiushi picked up his meowing darling kitty, happily petting its soft white tummy and generally looking happy enough to ascend to heaven.

Cheng Qianli watched from the side and said, "Lin Qiushi, you really only get such an incredible expression when you're petting your cat, huh..."

Lin Qiushi, "do I?"

Cheng Qianli, "you do you do. You never even had such a complicated expression inside the doors."

Lin Qiushi didn't know what to say to that, just thought, surely, he wasn't as excessive as Cheng Qianli was saying.

After he returned, Ruan Nanzhu spoke to Lin Qiushi once in private, primarily to talk about how Lin Qiushi passed the door.

Lin Qiushi told Ruan Nanzhu what had happened inside—told Ruan Nanzhu, and when he got to Gu Longming the "high school girl," couldn't help his sub-sonar teeth-grinding.

As Ruan Nanzhu listened, a hint of amusement appeared in his eyes. "As if there'd be so many high school girls."

Lin Qiushi immediately saw through his scheme. "You already knew, didn't you—"

Ruan Nanzhu, "know what?"

Lin Qiushi, "that there's a problem with that high school girl!"

Ruan Nanzhu began to laugh. "Yeah, I had someone investigate this case."

Lin Qiushi, "..." He sank into a deep silence.

Ruan Nanzhu, "basically all gigs from the internet have to be investigated, or it's easy for accidents to happen. The person you picked up this time was actually pretty reliable, aside from his claim to be a high school girl."