Chapter 94: Revenge

As he spoke, Ruan Nanzhu fished the phone out of his pocket, and opened up the pictures they took in the shrine. He handed it over to Lin Xingping: "Look, we even took a few pictures... But Lin-jie, we really did find something inside the shrine!"

Experienced as she was, Lin Xingping's expression gave nothing away at Ruan Nanzhu's words. After a noise of acknowledgement, she asked, "oh? You found something in the shrine? What did you find?"

"Wasn't it dark already when we got back yesterday? I really thought I was going to die then." Ruan Nanzhu said. "But we discovered that after praying at the shrine... the rain water doesn't get on your body!"

"What?" Cue Xueyi's eyes went wide. "Is that true?"

"Of course it's true." Ruan Nanzhu looked up at the sky. "How about, when it rains tonight, we'll give you a demonstration?"

"Sure," Lin Xingping smiled. "Around what time did you get to the shrine?"

"Eleven or so," Ruan Nanzhu replied, a bit embarrassed. "I'm weak, and walk kind of slow. When we got there it was too late. We really thought we weren't gonna make it."

"You could've made it," Lin Xingping lied with a smile. "We made it back, didn't we?"

"Should we go tell everyone about this?" Ruan Nanzhu asked. "Tell everyone go pray, so we don't have to worry about getting rained on anymore? Then we can go look for clues on rainy days!"

"Not yet," Lin Xingping rushed to stop. "We'll go take a look today first, just to make sure you haven't gotten it wrong. If you're wrong it'll cost a lot of people their lives." Then she asked again, "and you're sure you don't get rained on now?"

"I'm sure," Ruan Nanzhu nodded in confirmation.

"Okay. Got it, I'll go check it out immediately," Lin Xingping said.

They were clearly very interested in that shrine, though they still harbored suspicions. After Lin Xingping and Cue Xueyi left for the door, they continued to converse quietly.

"Are they really telling the truth?" Cue Xueyi said. "If they're lying, it'll be tomorrow until they die."

"They're probably telling the truth. Did you see the pictures on their phone?" Lin Xingping said. "We can't wait until tomorrow. The people who got rained on have pretty much died off. There might not be a doll tomorrow. If it continues to rain during the day tomorrow, we'll be trapped in the courtyard."

Cue Xueyi clearly thought this logical, so silently agreed to go check out the shrine per Lin Xingping's suggestion.

"We have to go see," Lin Xingping said. "That shrine, it's important..."

"But it's too dangerous to go like this. What if we don't make it back before it rains?" Cue Xueyi was still a bit worried about safety.

"The past two days, it's never rained before 5:30. As long as we get back before 5:30, we'll be fine." Lin Xingping was confident about this point. "They got there at eleven yesterday, we're sure to get there earlier... If we don't manage, then it'll be obvious they're lying." Indeed, in their eyes, they were stronger than the weakling Ruan Nanzhu no matter what.

"As long as we don't waste too much time there, we'll definitely make it back in time," was Lin Xingping's analysis. "In the doors, you have to take some risks."

After hearing Lin Xingping's argument, Cue Xueyi didn't say more, clearly convinced by her logic.

It was Gu Yuansi who looked like he wanted to say something. When Lin Xingping noted this, she spoke to him, "if you don't want to go, then stay. You're not fit enough to keep up anyways, you'll just end up slowing us down."