Signing (Part Three of Four)

Maria Santiago parked the car near the CPS building and sighed. This was it. She was going to become the new parent of two children who desperately needed a change in their lives. To be honest, she thought that things would go back to normal for them after their parents cleaned themselves up and got their children under control. However, that didn't seem to be the case. Her parents were trying, but after spending years letting their daughters run amok in the household....it wasn't enough. Constant fighting, arguing and the recent hospitalization of the mother were examples of how downhill the Loud House became over the recent months. 

"Hopefully this goes well." Maria said as she got out of the car. She knew that it was probably too late for the others to turn their lives around, but she can help Lincoln and Lily with theirs. Besides they needed to have a new environment since it was far too dangerous for them to still live here. But enough about that...she needed to attend the meeting before picking up Lincoln and Lily for the last meeting with their family.

So with some newfound confidence, Maria went inside where she saw Lincoln and Lily head the front door with a woman right beside them. She had brown hair tied into a bun and was wearing a grey suit while handling a clipboard. 

"Maria Santiago?" The woman asked.

"Yes." Maria said before the woman approached her and held out her hand. Maria held out her own and shook it. 

"I'm Isabella Martinez and we have been expecting you." The woman now identified as Isabella said.

"Sorry I couldn't come sooner..." Maria started to say before Isabella interrupted it.

"It's fine. I'm sure you heard about that killer running around and how the Louds have gotten out of hand as of late." Isabella said.

"The killer was on the local news and Lynn Senior told me how everything went downhill after Lincoln and Lily were taken away." Maria said before hearing Isabella sigh.

"Everyone was hoping that they would shape up, but it seems like he had no choice in letting go of Lincoln and Lily. Not like I could blame him considering how many fights have been conducted at the household and the numerous visits to the hospital." Isabella said. Maria didn't say anything since she knew that it was all true. Things have been going downhill since the latest incident that she knew of. 

"Anyway, Lincoln and Lily have been informed of the circumstances of the surrender of their custody. So all you have to do is sign the paper work and they will be in your care." Isabella said. Maria nodded and followed Isabella as she went to her office.  At the same time, Lori headed inside the mall to at least get some peace from her sister's. Don't get her wrong, she still loved them, but she could feel that love quickly turning into hate. 

"Ugh. Who knew that removing Lincoln and Lily would turn our house into a war zone?" She said as she sat down and ignored all of the glares that were coming her way. It was funny, she could ignore the glares coming from random strangers, but not the glares coming from her family. She was so engrossed with her thoughts that she never heard someone come close to her before she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"What the..." Lori said before she turned her head and saw Ronnie Anne, her ex boyfriend's sister.

"What are you doing here?" Ronnie Anne asked with a neutral tone. She didn't like Lori, but she wasn't willing to cause a scene since it wouldn't do anyone any good.

"Oh. It's you. For your information, I was taking a breather from my house." Lori said.

"Shocking." Ronnie Anne said with an eye roll. 

"Thanks for your obvious concern, but things at our household have become extremely toxic as of late." Lori said with some sarcasm in her voice. 

"I heard." Ronnie Anne said before turning to leave, but felt Lori place a hand on her right shoulder.

"D..Does Bobby miss me?" Lori asked.

"Sigh...yes. He does miss you, but you have to understand that he can't see the same way anymore. None of us could and if it wasn't for Lincoln and Lily...my family wouldn't have stepped foot in Royal Woods again." Ronnie Anne said before she took Lori's hand off her shoulder and walked away. As she did so, Lori looked down and pondered her words. 

It was true. None of them could sugarcoat the truth anymore. No one will ever see them the same way again and this may be the last time that they will sever see/hear Lincoln and Lily. Sighing...Lori quickly got up and started to walk home. 

Things will get better for their family in the future. Right?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...Bye 👋