Dreaded Phone Call

When Maria Santiago answered the phone at her home...she was surprised to see that it was from the Louds. The very name made her blood boil...mainly because they broke her daughter's heart along with her son's. Luckily...The rest of the family were out in the city or else she would never hear the end of from the rest of her family.

What do you want to talk about Lynn....I mean Mr. Loud?

I..I want to talk about a decision that I made concerning Lincoln and Lily.

If that's what you're calling about...then why didn't you try calling your other friends that actually live in Royal Woods. Especially since this family and yours are no longer on friendly terms.

None of our other friends will talk to us. In fact...We're hated by the whole city and the whole world. To make matters worse...My family is falling apart. My children are at each other's throats, they even resulted to hurting each other with weapons...My wife..She spends her time in our room sobbing her eyes out over the state of our dying family. At first I tried to bring us all together, but it seems like the damage is too deep to take care of by myself. I can't possibly bring Lincoln and Lily back...not after we mistreated Lincoln multiple times.

Are you just calling me to tell me your little sob story to make me feel sorry for all of you?

NO! We deserve everything that's happening to us. Rita and I should have been better parents to Lincoln and our other children, but it's too late for us to change things. And there is a murderer in Royal Woods. But that's not important...What's important is that Lincoln and Lily get a better quality in life. Which is why...I want you to adopt them.

You want me to take Lincoln and Lily?! 

Yes. They deserve to be in an environment that will set them on the right path. And they can't do that if they returned and their family is fractured beyond repair. Sigh...I wish that Rita and I could bring them back, but it's too risky especially since a murderer is prancing around waiting for his or her next victim. Please...Help Lincoln and Lily.

Maria was stunned for a couple of seconds once she heard Lynn Senior's plea. He wanted her to adopt Lincoln and Lily away from Royal Woods. She knew that her decision will have lasting consequences for both of their families, but would she really be okay leaving two children in an orphanage in a town that had a murderer. No. She couldn't leave them there..especially since her daughter and son cared deeply for them.

Lynn...I'll adopt Lincoln and Lily, but only because they deserve a fresh start. 

Thank you Maria. I know that you'll raise my son and daughter the right way. 

Don't mention it. Goodbye Lynn.

Maria hung up the phone just as the rest of her family walked into the apartment. Sighing...Maria  turned to look at her family and coughed a little to gain their attention. She hoped that her family would accept the news...

If only she remembered how crazy her family can get with unexpected news.

Author Notes:

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋