Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

I woke crying. My dream was filled with memories of my parents, both good and bad. I can’t believe they’re not here anymore. That I’ll never get to hug them or feel their kisses. I miss them so much.

I forced myself out of bed and wiped my cheeks clean. I looked out my bedroom window and saw it was morning. I went into the bathroom and began getting ready for the day. After, I looked in the closet and found a white dress with blue flower print. I slipped it on and it fit me snuggly down to my waist before it fanned out around me, stopping at my mid-thigh.

I left my room and made my way downstairs. I heard multiple conversations going on as I got closer.

I got downstairs and I saw a large group of people sitting in the living room and walking in out of the kitchen with plates of food. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me. I could feel the hostility growing in the room. Every person glared in my direction.

“H-hi.” I managed to say.

“Ellie!” Caesar exclaimed, walking in through the front door. “I was just coming to wake you.”

“Caesar what is she doing here?” A random guy asked.

“She left the vampires and I figured she could stay here.”

“She’s one of them!” A girl exclaimed.

“No, she’s human.” Caesar said calmly.

“She reeks of them.” A girl said, scrunching up her nose.

“It’ll wear off soon.” Caesar explained. “Come one Ellie. The alpha wants to see you.”

I walked over to Caesar who wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I followed him out the door and around to the back of the house.

“Sorry about them.” He apologized. “It’s just going to take them some time to get used to you.”

“Yeah right. They’ll always hate me. I’ll be known as the vampire sympathizer forever.”
“They’ll get over it. I promise. Just give them some time. If everyone could accept Pearl, they can do the same for you.”

“Yeah, but she had the alpha to protect her.”

The large field was filled with more people. They were fighting and running, and I figured they were training.

“When is the big battle supposed to be?” I asked.

“In about 6 weeks.”

“That’s a month and a half.”

“Yeah, and we still need a lot of work. A lot of us are going to die out there. The stronger we are, the more of us that will make it through. But at this rate, it’s not looking so good.”

“Maybe you should back out.” I looked up at him.

He gave me and are-you-crazy look. I just want to prevent this battle from happening.

“I’m not giving up the perfect moment to destroy those demons.”
“Just a suggestion.”

We stopped in front of a group of people who were running back and forth from one point to another. I noticed a familiar guy standing nearby. I recognized him as the alpha. He looked up at us as we approached, a frown on his face.

“Hey Keith.” Caesar greeted him. “This is Ellie. Ellie, this is Alpha Keith.”

“Hi.” I said in a low tone.

He looked me over, the frown remaining on his face. He got closer to me and got in my face.

“I don’t like vampire sympathizers. But because my best friend her likes you, I’m going to allow you to stay here. Just stay away from me and we won’t have any problems, got it?”