Chapter Nineteen (Caesar's)

Chapter Nineteen (Caesar’s)

I watched as the soldiers that attacked, retreated. This little fight didn’t last long at all. I’m just glad I didn’t have to kill any of them. After killing that one soldier, I was sure Keith was going to punish me. But he immediately forgave me so I forgave myself. I did it to protect Ellie, the girl I love.

“Caesar!” I heard Pearl call, the sound of anxiety in her voice. She came to stand in front of me. She wore a look of sadness on her face and it made me worry.

“What happened?” I asked her.

“They took Ellie.” She said in a low voice.

Anger immediately filled me. They took Ellie? For what, what do they need her for? Was she the reason they attacked us? So they could kidnap her?

“Don’t do anything stupid.” Keith said in a warning tone.

“Too late.” I said before running after the soldiers that had retreated.

“Caesar!” I heard Keith call after me, but I ignored him. I’m going to get Ellie back. Those soldiers are going to tell me where she is.

I caught up to the soldiers easily. They had set up camp in the middle of the woods. I walked into their camp without bothering trying to be discreet.

“It’s one of them!” Some guy called. He picked up a cross bow. I was over to him in a flash. I grabbed him by the shirt and lifted him so we were eye to eye.

“Where’s the girl?” I asked him.

“What girl? I don’t know what you’re talking about?”

I could hear the other soldiers gearing up behind me, but I ignored them. I’m more focused on the soldier I have right now.

“The human girl you kidnapped. Her name is Ellie. Where is she?”

“The one the prince had an affair with? I saw one of our guys take her. She’s probably at the palace right now.”

“Why?”

“The king wants to give her over to the royal elders. He wants to redeem his son.”

“Redeem?”

“For their affair. Everyone knows about it. It’s against the law.”

“What will they do to her?”

“Kill her I suppose.”

I dropped the soldier and left the camp. I didn’t bother heading back to the pack. Instead I made my way to the palace. I’m not going to allow Ellie to be killed.

I arrived at the palace and hid in the bushes. I scanned the area and saw the usual guards standing outside and walking around. Ellie is in there somewhere and they’re probably torturing her. I pushed the thought out of my mind and scanned the area once more.

Suddenly I was tackled and pinned to the ground. I looked up at who tackled me and saw Keith.

“What are you doing? Let me up.” I struggled to get free.

“No. If you attempt to go in that palace, you’ll be killed or kidnapped yourself. I’m not letting that happen to my best friend.”

I fought harder to get free. I’m so close to Ellie and Keith is ruining everything. Why won’t he just let me do this?

“I love her Keith. Let me go.” I growled.

“No. And you don’t love her. At least not the way you’re supposed to. You have a mate out there somewhere waiting for you to find them. Spending your time with Ellie won’t help you find your mate. Think of the damage it would cause when you find your mate and forget about Ellie. Trust me when I say this is the best place for her right now.”

Keith slowly released me and I stood up. Everything he said was the truth. Someday I’ll forget about Ellie and devote all my time to my mate. Ellie’s said the same thing.

“Her prince will protect her.” I said. “He always does.”

“There ya go. Now lets go back to the pack. We have a battle to prepare for.”

************************************************************************************************************************

This is an extremely short chapter of Caesar's POV. Someone requested I do a wolf's POV. Next upload will hopefully be soon. Prom is tomorrow so don't expect an update this weekend.

Please comment, vote, and/or fan (follow). Thanks!! ;-)