Epilogue

Epilogue

Demetri held my hand and walked with me through the garden. Our two sons played with each other on the open lawn. Leonardo, our oldest, is almost six now. He has Demetri's black hair and Demetri's sapphire eyes. He looks so much like his father it's scary sometimes. Giorgio, our youngest, is almost three. He also has Demetri's black hair, but he has my green eyes. Giorgio looks more like me than Demetri' but sometimes I see similarities of Demetri in his face. We're not planning on having anymore and Demetri has left it up to me to decide whether I would like to be like him.

I try imagining myself as a vampire. Stronger, faster, enhanced vision, beautiful. And the fact that if I don't turn, I'll die before Demetri and I won't be able to see my children grow up or meet their children.

"Are you okay?" Demetri asked me.

"I'm fine." I answered with a smile. "I think I've made my decision."

"About?"
"Becoming like you. I want you to turn me."

"Are you sure?" I nodded. "Then we'll do it before bed. The sooner, the better." I nodded in agreement.

I looked at my children. Today will be the last day I'll see my children with human eyes. I wonder if they'll look any different once I'm turned.

"Daddy, play with us!" Leo called.

"Alright." Demetri replied. He kissed my forehead before running off to play with the boys.

Demetri picked up Leo and held him up in the air. Leo put his arms out to the side and began making noises like an airplane as Demetri ran around. Gio ran behind him, laughing. I smiled at the sight. Demetri is such a great dad. Even with all of his duties as king, he still makes time for the boys and me. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky.

"Your highness." A familiar voice said behind me. A smile came to my face. I turned to see Edna. Jack stood beside her.

"Hi Ellie." She said, taking me into a hug.

"How are you?" I asked her, looking down at her large belly. Edna is pregnant with her first child. Her and Jack are engaged, but there's no set date for them to get married yet.

"I'm doing good." She said. "It's becoming hard to move though."

"I know the feeling. Jack, are you getting excited to have the baby here?"

"Both excited and nervous." He responded.

"Demetri felt the same way about Leo. Everything will be fine."

Demetri came along side me with Gio in his arms. Leo came up beside me and took my hand.

"Hello Ms. Edna." Leo greeted.

"Hi Prince Leo." Edna responded, giving a slight curtsy. "And King Demetri." Jack bowed as well.

"You both look well." Demetri said. "How are you enjoying the new home?"

Demetri gave Jack and Edna a house in the more expensive part of town as an early wedding present. They refused it at first, but Demetri wouldn't take no for an answer. It has four large bedrooms so they could have more children if they liked. Their bathrooms were large and their yard was large. Because Demetri issued it to them, it's entirely paid for. Jack and Edna still work in the palace, but Edna is on maternity leave at the moment. I don't see Jack much in the palace since I'm always so busy.

"It's great." Jack answered. "We're enjoying the space."

"Good." Demetri smiled. "Let's go inside, it's getting a bit chilly."