Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

My blood ran cold and I found it hard to stand. Banished for life. Cora, the leader of the most powerful force in the world, is banishing me for all eternity. I’ll never be able to see Demetri’s beautiful face again, or feel his sweet lips against mine. I’ll never see his smile that I love so much, and I’ll never again be able to feel his touch.

“Banish her?” King Lucien asked in shock. “That’s almost the same as killing her. Imagine what this would do. What problems this would cause.”

“Problems? What problems? Demetri stays happy that I spared his human love interest. He will be able to continue on with his life. There are no problems.”

“My son loves this girl. I can’t understand why, but I can’t let him lose someone else he cares deeply about.”

“You can’t do that.” I heard Demetri say.

I looked over at him and saw him still on the ground, the wood still piercing him. He grabbed on to the wood and easily broke it in half with one swift movement.

“You have to vote.” He said, slowly getting up to his feet. “It says so in the law book. When it comes to a major decision such as banishment, the elders and the royal family involved must vote.”
“How do you know this?” Cora asked.

“I’ve been reading the law book since I was eight.”

He made his way over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. He leaned on me a little for support. He’s heavy, but I know he’s weak so I don’t mind. I looked down at his wound and saw the broken piece of wood still sticking out of him. He’s bleeding more than before and I’m beginning to worry he’ll bleed out.

“You already know my vote.” Demetri said.

“I vote she stays.” King Lucien said.

“She stays.” King Vincent said. “I’m quite fond of her.” He grinned at me and I moved closer to Demetri.

“I wouldn’t mind having her around either.” Prince Nicholai said. “My vote is yes.”

“She doesn’t seem so bad. Just a hopeless romantic.” Prince Eric said. “I vote that she stays.”

Our attention turned to rose who stood with her arms crossed and an angry look on her face.

“Rose?” King Lucien said.

“No.” She said. “I want her dead.”

She looked at me and glared. It was a glare of death. I could tell she was mentally killing me.

“But Rose,” Demetri started. “I love her. You’re my sister, you should support me.”

“Support you? Why should I? I knew the day you and the peasant started seeing each other. From there on I made it my job to expose the two of you. Now here we are. I was finally getting my way. You were on the verge of death and this peasant volunteered her life. Now it’s going to end with a simple banishment? That’s not good enough.”

Princess Rose planned for this to happen? I knew she was evil, but this is far more evil than I thought she’d ever be.

“Rose, what are you talking about?” King Lucien asked her.

“I want them dead. Both of them.” She answered. “I hate Demetri. I’ve hated him from the moment we became vampires. Ever since that day he’s become the favorite child. He gets everything that he wants, and I get nothing. Ever since Mother died, you all tip toe around him, waiting for him to explode. What about me, she was my mother too. I’m sick and tired of it. The only way I could be sure it would end, is to be rid of him.”