Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Demetri made his way over to the bedroom door and I quickly sat up causing head spinning a little.

"Where are you going?" I asked him, righting myself.

"I need to head to the lab. That werewolf's body could have answers."

"Answers to what?"

"All in good time." He left and I was alone. I sighed. Now what am I supposed to do?

I stood up and left the room. I'll just have to find something to do. I walked down the hall, not going anywhere in particular.

"Ellie?" A familiar voice said behind me. I turned to see Jack. I smiled. I haven't seen him since the ball. That seems like forever go. "Hey Ellie." He greeted, stopping in front of me. "Where have you been? You disappeared from the party and I never saw you again."

"It's a long story. But where have you been?"

"Roaming about here and there. There's not much to fix in a perfect palace."

"I know what you mean."

His eyes were suddenly focused on something on me. Is there a bug on me or something?

"Is that a bite mark on your neck?"

I quickly lift my hand to cover the spot where Demetri bit me. I'd forgotten all about it.

"Someone fed from you?" He asked me, keeping his voice down. "Who was it?"

"It was my master."

"Who?"

"Prince Demetri. But it's fine. I'm okay. He didn't really hurt me."

"You know, ever other girl gets caught up in his looks and lets him do anything to them. I don't know why I thought you were different."

"He's not as bad as you think. He can be really sweet when he wants to be."

"Yeah right. All he wants is your blood."

I was starting to get angry. Jack is talking about Demetri as if he knows him. Demetri is so nice to me and so far is treating me right.

"Don't talk about him that way." I said. "You don't know him like I do."

"What, are you two having late night talks now? You know everything about his life?"

"Something like that."

He just stared at me. I don't care if he doesn't like Demetri. I know the type of person he really is.

"Elli, I consider you my friend and I'm just looking out for you.'

"I can handle myself. But thanks anyway."

"I'm sorry. Anyway, I have to go see the king. He needs me to fix something. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

Jack continued down the hall. I continued to walk, still not going anywhere in particular. I'm so bored in the palace. The help can't do anything. I'm not even supposed to be wandering around.

I ended up outside once more. I walked over to where the bloody incident happened. The bodies where now gone. The only thing left was the blood stained ground.

"What are you doing here?" A guard asked me, startling me.

"Oh. I uh... I was just...taking a walk?"

"Servants aren't permitted outside of the palace."

"I have permission from the prince." I lied.