Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself staring at a ceiling. My head was pounding. I sat up slowly and looked around. It was too dark to see anything, even with my eyes adjusting. I felt beneath me and felt a plush bead. Memories from last night poured into my head. I felt beside me and felt an extremely cold body.

I could help but panic. The king took my virginity. I was saving it for someone special and he just took it from me. What will Demetri think? Will he be able to look at me again after this?

I managed to get off the bed and began walking through the dark. I need to get out of here. I need to get away from the king before he decides to kill me next.

I ran into what felt like a table then heard glass hit the ground and break. I tensed. He's going to stop me from escaping. I heard shuffling on the bed and my breathing sped up. I tried to quickly make my way out of the room while it was still dark.

When my hand touched the doorknob, I quickly tried to open it but my hand was shaking too much to grip it. Hands touched my waist and pulled me back and I screamed. I pounded and clawed at the hands, trying to get free.

"Ellie calm down, it's just me." I didn't listen. I continued to work my way free.

His arms wrapped around me tightly, trapping my arms and hands. I tried kicking but that wasn't getting me anywhere.

"It's Demetri." He whispered, his breath hitting my ear. "You're safe now."

"D-Demetri?" I asked to make sure, my voice shaky.

He slowly released me and I turned to give him a tight hug. I thought he was the king.

"I thought I was somewhere else." I explained.

"I know. It's okay."
"Where are we? What happened to the king?"

"I heard you scream my name. It was only a matter of time before I found you. All you have to do, is call for me and I'll be there." I smiled.

I then thought about how vulnerable I was. I was almost completely naked when I blacked out. Did the king take advantage of me or not? I don't feel any different.

"Do you know if the king... went through with his plan?" I asked.

"I got there just before. You were already passed out and if it wasn't for your faint heartbeat, I would've thought you were dead. I was ready to kill my uncle, but what would that look like? I would be exiled."

"I'll be okay as long as I don't ever have to go back there again." I looked around the dark room. "Where are we? You never answered my question."

"We're at the house we stayed in on the way to my uncle's palace. It's still morning so we'd better get back to sleep. Nightfall should be here soon."
I climbed into bed with Demetri. He wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face into his chest. I feel safe again. No matter what, I know he'll always save me and that's reassuring.

~*~

A light kiss on my cheek woke me. I looked up to see Demetri's sapphire eyes looking down at me.

"Hi." I said groggily.

"It's time to go. Night just fell so we're getting an early start."

I got up and stretched. I feel better waking up this time now that I know nothing happened with King Vincent. I also slept well with Demetri holding me close.

We climbed into the carriage and soon we were on our way back to the palace. I sat beside Demetri who had his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

"Demetri, thank you for saving me." I said.