Attack

"Get in your plane Tubbo!" shouted Ranboo.

"There's no time, I'm coming with you to CIC!" the lieutenant replied. 

They ran down the halls and burst into the CIC that was in pure chaos. 

"Don't just stand there! Take command sir!" Major Techno urged Ranboo

"Right. I'm the captain. I have to get this under control," Ranboo muttered to himself.

"RADAR and DRADIS have been knocked out sir! We can't see the enemy!" the communications officer shouted from across the room. 

"Get them back online!" 

"Impossible sir. The hardware has been hit with seven ship to ship missiles and won't be operational until we get this thing to a drydock." the officer replied with panic in her eyes. 

"Great, that's just what I need right now," said Ranboo, "Tell the gun crews to open fire on whatever is shooting at us. Weapons free on my authority."

Ranboo pulled his CAG to the side. 

"Lieutenant, how good are your pilots?" he asked.

"Very. I trained them myself"

"Do you think that they could pull off a defensive formation while we attempt..." Ranboo started.

"Radiological Alarm!" the communications officer shouted. 

"Captain, they've launched nukes. We can't even see how many because we are fighting blind sir." Major Collins said.

"I know I know! Just have point defense get ready to shoot those nukes down." Ranboo shouted. 

"Point defense cannons non responsive sir. We appear to be under a cyber attack." the weapons chief shouted. 

"Then fire them manually," Ranboo said. 

"No can do sir. We've been locked out of our own weapons grid,"  the chief responded. 

Ranboo began to panic. He'd never been under attack before. He had just been handed a new ship and he was going to die on his first day. He didn't know what to do.

The captain collapsed on the floor hyperventilating. After so many years of trying to get his anxiety problems under control, he gets a panic attack at the worst moment possible.

Suddenly, a hand brushed across his face and stopped gently on his shoulder. 

"It's okay. You're okay. Breathe. Follow my breathing pattern," 

Ranboo looked up to see his CAG knelt down next to him with concern and compassion on his face. Ranboo did as the lieutenant told him and his breathing stabilized.   

"Alright, what's the situ..."

Ranboo was interrupted by a loud boom that echoed across the entire ship. He lurched forward and slammed his face on the central table. 

His head was in pain and his ears were ringing. 

"Nuclear strike on the ventral side of the ship!" is all he could make out above the noise. 

Another boom shook the ship and caused Ranboo to fly backwards into the floor. Above him, a support beam that had been loosened during the battle began to fall. This was it. Ranboo would go out being crushed by a beam.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around the captain and yanked him to the side. The shake from the beam landing was enough to make the two of them fall backwards. 

All he could remember before he passed out was a battered and bruised Tubbo laying on top of the captain and using his body to protect Ranboo from the debris.