You're Hiding Something

"Noah? Bill, who's Noah?" Ranboo asked, remembering that Noah was Foolish's real name seconds after he said it.

"NOAH! Ya know... the guy you did the deed with a couple years ago? How do you not remember? It was probably one of the most memorable moments in your life and you don't even remember the name of the guy you did it with?" Billzo asked with genuine disbelief in his voice.

Tubbo sat up and gave Ranboo an accusatory look.

"It's not what it sounds like Tubs, we didn't..."Ranboo sighed

"Bill, why do you phrase things like that?! Now Tubbo thinks that Foolish and I... you know... f*cked!" Ranboo complained to Billzo.

"First of all, why do you call Noah 'Foolish'? And who the f*ck is this 'Tubbo'!?" Billzo shouted back.

"Tubbo is my boyfriend... and my CAG," Ranboo responded, hesitating before he gave Tubbo's title.

Billzo burst out laughing.

"Wait what?! YOU have a boyfriend?! Whaaat?! How the f*ck am I still single if YOU managed to cop a partner? And you f*cking work together! Oh man. Good job mate. Is he hot?"

Tubbo grunted, clearly not appreciating the fact that Billzo was objectifying him.

"Tubbo, Tubbo. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply that Ranboo and Noah had sex. They did not. I'm pretty sure Noah is straight anyway," Billzo apologized to Tubbo.

"Then what did you mean by 'did the deed'?" Tubbo questioned, still not quite believing Billzo's explanation.

Ranboo saw Tubbo's distrust and muted Billzo.
He sighed.

"Tubs. Foolish, Bill here and I were all in a bad place. Foolish and I helped Billzo get away. That's all there is to it," Ranboo explained, trying to keep his explanation as vague as possible so that Tubbo wouldn't know about Operation Ender.

Unfortunately, Tubbo saw straight through the admiral's attempts at hiding something.

"Boo, I know you're hiding something. It's okay. You can tell me," Tubbo rubbed Ranboo's forearm to comfort him.

Ranboo was still visibly uncomfortable and Tubbo could tell.

"Uhm... Well... N- No. There are some things that should be kept a secret. I promise that when I feel comfortable, I will tell you. But not now. It's not the time," Ranboo said anxiously.

Tubbo groaned and put his head back on Ranboo's lap.

"Its okay Boo. Its okay. I didn't mean to pry," Tubbo said in a drowsy voice before shutting his eyes and shifting around on Ranboo's lap to find a comfortable position.

Ranboo sighed and gently touched Tubbo's peaceful face, smiling as the lieutenant cuddled him.

The admiral felt Tubbo's breathing slow to a nice, steady pace as he fell asleep in Ranboo's arms.

Ranboo smiled for a moment then hardened his expression and unmuted Billzo.

"Hey Bill, I'm back. Please don't do that again. I'm really trying to avoid telling Tubbo about Operation Ender," Ranboo said.

"Why? He's gonna find out eventually and it would be better if it came from you. You don't want some FBIS agent telling him because you know they'll spin the story to make you look like an awful person. You need to tell him the true story," Billzo replied.

"No Bill. He's not going to find out. It's not gonna happen. What will he think of me?! He'll see me as a monster, a freak! I can't do that Bill," Ranboo shook his head, his eyes welling up in tears as he thought about what would happen if Tubbo found out.

"Mark!" Bill said aggressively, using Ranboo's first name to get his attention, "You need to listen. If he hears it from someone else, and he will if you don't tell him, then he'll for sure think you're a monster. YOU need to tell him!"

"What do you know about relationships Bill? Have you ever had any partners?' Ranboo snapped, almost waking Tubbo up.

"Oh yeah. I get b*tches. You need to take my advice," Billzo said. Ranboo could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Ugh whatever. Why don't we agree to disagree," Ranboo growled.

"Fine," Billzo sighed.

The two sat in the call in awkward silence.

"So what did you want to talk to me about in the first place?" Ranboo asked, steering them back on track.

"Oh, right. Um, so I found... Wait. Do you have a plan of attack to go get Dream?" Billzo asked, cutting himself off.

"Yeah, we get all of the warships we have and jump in and blow up Dream's ship then jump away," Ranboo said, almost cringing at how stupid the plan sounded.

"How the hell are you a rear admiral if you're coming up with shit plans like that?" Billzo muttered.

"What was that?" Ranboo raised his voice.

"Nothing. Nothing. It's just that your plan is absolute bullshit and would never work," Billzo said.

Ranboo sighed. He'd always liked the way Billzo was extremely direct with his statements. He almost came off as rude at times. How the hell he became the head secretary to one of the most famous members of the Imperial Royal Family, Ranboo could only guess.

"I propose a trap. Dream jumps into a predetermined location and we launch all corvettes, assault ships and transports and board Dream's ship. Then we can take him out without having to worry about our capital ships getting blown up," Billzo said enthusiastically.

"Uh huh. What trap could possibly fool Dream?" the admiral asked, doubting Billzo's plan.

"That's the fun part Mark! That's the fun part!" Billzo said excitedly.

"Go on," Ranboo took his arms off of the sleeping Tubbo and crossed them, ready to analyze the plan that Billzo would put forth.