Good Person

Ranboo slowly reached down to his calf and pulled out the knife that was concealed there. 

He got into a low squat, ready to jump on the commander if needed. 

"I'm sorry about that, I just needed to make sure that you wouldn't hurt me after I told you what I'm about to tell you," George said, obviously extremely anxious. 

"Is this about what Billzo said?" Ranboo probed.

"That first part, with the Agent 404 and stuff, that was all a lie. But the second part about me having a relationship with Dream..." George trailed off, looking up at the ceiling.

"Go on," Ranboo urged him.

"It's true. Dream was my boyfriend."

Ranboo just stared at the commander in shock. 

"WHAT?!" 

"Okay, to be fair, Dream is a great person. Or was a great person I guess. He was the love of my life and then..." George stared at the floor. 

"And then something happened. He changed," George clicked his gun's safety back on. 

"How did you meet?" Ranboo asked, feeling slightly betrayed.

George put his gun back in his holster and sat down. Ranboo, seeing that he was now safe to move around, put his knife back in its concealed sheath on his calf and sat up.

"I was born on Earth on an island called England. Dream's family lived in the ruins of Washington D.C, which, as you know, was nuked during the third world war in the mid-21st century. I was being bullied at school and my father hired Dream to go to school with me and protect me in exchange for getting his family out of D.C." 

Ranboo cocked his head to the side.

"D.C. was nuked in WWIII. That was almost a thousand years ago. You're telling me that they haven't rebuilt?" Ranboo asked. 

"The Federation just moved its capitol to Olympus Village on Mars. There was no point in rebuilding D.C. But that's beside the point. Dream was like my guardian angel during our childhood years and when we were about 17, we fell in love," George wiped his eyes.

"Were you happy?" Ranboo asked, thinking of his relationship with Tubbo.

George nodded, "Those next three years were the best years of our entire lives."

Ranboo narrowed his eyes, "And then what happened?"

George sniffed and wiped his eyes that were filling up with tears.

"H-he was called by some guy and then he started coming back home with a mask on his face an-and blood on his clothes. I asked him what happened and he'd just snuggle with me and tell me not to worry about it. But I could tell something was wrong."

"Do you know who that guy that called him was?" Ranboo asked, walking to the other side of the room to pick up his gun and put it back in its holster. 

George shook his head. 

Ranboo put his gun back in his holster and sat next to George, putting his arm around him.

"What happened?" he asked.

George hung his head, "One day, h-he just disappeared. He left without a trace. I spent the next couple of years searching for him and then I just gave up. Then my friend Wilbur stopped by the house one day and recruited me into the Navy. I-... I went to the academy and then I met you."

"Do you know what Dream has done?" Ranboo asked, feeling sorry for the commander. 

"It doesn't matter! I still love him! No matter what! I don't care what you think he's done, h-he's a good person!" George stood up, his face streaked with tears. 

Ranboo just felt sorry for the commander. He was robbed of a happy life with Dream and he was willing to do ANYTHING to see him again. 

"I want to go on this mission. If this is my Dream, then I'm sure I can bring the good out of him again. He is not a bad person. I swear it!" George fell to his knees. 

"please... please let me talk to him before you try to kill him. please," the commander begged Ranboo. 

Ranboo sighed, "I'll let you talk to him, but I want to warn you. He has fallen so far from whoever you think he is."

George just shook his head.

"I don't care. I just want you to not tell anyone."

Ranboo nodded, "This is extremely sensitive information, I understand."

"So when do we launch the attack?" the commander asked.

"Billzo has engaged the emergency broadcast message in the facility which should lure Dream here. When he sees this ship, he'll think its just a destroyed battleship from a war that happened a long time ago. When he gets close enough, we launch all of our ships into his ship's hangar bay," Ranboo explained. 

"So we're just waiting for Dream right now?" George asked, an anxious look on his face. 

"Yep, pretty much."

______________________________

A/N: I don't remember if I mentioned this at any point, but the year that this story is set in is 3308.