Feeling

The transport's door opened with a hiss and the newly appointed commander stepped aboard the Enderman. Phil had told him that this ship was old, but she didn't look it. 

"I definitely need to give an award to whoever maintained this place for like fifty years," said the young commander.

The small lieutenant that clung to his side let out a quiet giggle.

Ranboo stopped walking and turned to face Tubbo with a smile on his face.

"Is that going to be a problem Mr. Smith?" he asked in a mocking tone. 

Tubbo just laughed. He didn't know why, but Tubbo's laugh made Ranboo feel all warm and fuzzy inside. In fact, when he thought about it, just being around the young lieutenant gave him that feeling. 

Am I really going to start having problems with feelings NOW?! 

For most of his military career, Ranboo had split his on-duty and off-duty personas into two completely different people. On duty, Ranboo would never, ever, crack a joke or a smile. In fact, when he was on duty, Ranboo tried to suppress any and all emotion that he felt. 

"Emotion hinders efficiency," his instructor at the academy would always tell him.

"And when you have hindered efficiency, you have failed as an officer." 

Off-duty, these same rules did not apply. Ranboo was a fun-loving and funny person when he wasn't on duty. It was like he would turn into an actual functioning human being when he was off duty. 

Ever since he met Tubbo, the two personas had started to mix. It had gotten so bad that during the attack on the Dauntless Ranboo let himself submit to a panic attack. Something that, like his emotions, he had been suppressing for years. 

Ranboo walked to his quarters. As soon as he got there, he collapsed on his bed and began to cry.

Ranboo had not cried in years. He hadn't felt in years. Now, the weight of all his decisions and haunted past came back too crush him in one fell swoop.

He didn't even notice that Tubbo had followed him to his room, or that he was standing over the distressed commander with visible concern. 

Tubbo placed a hand on Ranboo's cheek. The sensation of touching Tubbo's hand alone gave Ranboo butterflies in his stomach.

WHY!? Why do I feel like this?

"you okay bossman?" Tubbo asked in a quiet voice.

The teary eyed commander looked at Tubbo. He was the only person that seemed to genuinely care about Ranboo. This made Ranboo tear up even more and he buried his face in his pillow.

He's so nice. But If he finds out...

No. I can't ...

I can't bear to see the pain on his face.

Ranboo felt Tubbo get in the bed with him. He felt the lieutenant's arms wrap around Ranboo's chest from behind. Tubbo began to comfort the commander.

"It's alright."

"You've been through a lot."

"Don't worry about it." 

"I'm here..."

"With you." 

Ranboo's heart filled with guilt at the lieutenant's words. 

He's only saying that because he doesn't know.

Finally, Ranboo couldn't take it anymore. He turned to face Tubbo.

"Thank you. Seriously. You don't know how much that means to me" Ranboo's voice cracked at the last word. 

He was exhausted. 

Ranboo finally gave into his urges and pulled Tubbo into a tight embrace. That moment was one of the best in Ranboo's life. He could hear and feel Tubbo' breathing pattern. He could feel his heart. And most importantly, he could feel wanted, even if that wasn't the case.

After a full day of exhaustion, the commander fell asleep with Tubbo in his arms.