The Trap

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ꜰɴꜱ ᴇɴᴅᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀʙᴏᴀʀᴅ ꜰʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴘᴏᴅ

Ranboo looked at the small DRADIS display on the assault ship that he, Tubbo, Tommy, George, Ozaki, Apollo and several other soldiers were waiting for Dream to show up. 

"Do you think he's going to take the bait?" Tubbo asked nervously. 

"I don't know. Right now we can only wait," Ranboo answered, fidgeting with his combat knife anxiously. 

"If he does take the bait, how do we know he's only going to send one ship?" the pilot, Apollo, asked. 

"We don't. But if he brings more than one, we're kinda screwed," Ranboo answered. 

Apollo shook his head and sat down on a metal seat. 

The group waited in tense silence as they watched the DRADIS display. 

Tubbo started tapping his legs nervously as his eyes focused on the DRADIS display which remained empty. 

"come on. come on. come on. where are you?" Ranboo muttered, still flipping his knife around in his hand. 

Commander George Davidson was sweating and had his face buried in his legs. 

"You okay, Commander?" Ensign Shinichi Ozaki asked from the other side of the room. 

George shook his head, "n- no." 

"What's wrong?" Ozaki asked, earning himself a warning look from the admiral who looked absolutely menacing with his black and white armor with red and green highlights and an assault rifle slung on his back and a knife in his hand. 

"He's okay, ensign. Leave him alone," the scary-looking Ranboo growled. 

Ozaki nodded and stared at the floor. 

They waited another twenty minutes in tense silence. 

Suddenly, the DRADIS display flashed with a message. 

Warning, capital class signature detected.

Ranboo looked up at the display and saw that a large red dot had jumped in. 

"New contact dead ahead. Jumped in about two kilometers away from us!" Ranboo shouted as he stood up and put his knife in its sheath on his calf. 

"Shit that's really close!" Apollo shouted as he stood up and grabbed his assault rifle. 

"Not close enough. We need to wait for them to get closer before we launch," Ranboo said, his eyes glued to the DRADIS display. 

"Do you think we've fooled them?" Tubbo asked tentatively, putting his arm around Ranboo's torso.