Chapter 29

Catalina's POV

We end up coming to an old school pizzeria on the not so good side of the city. Luke was worried at first about the shady looking place but after a taste of the garlic bread and pizza he was in love.

" This is delicious!" He announced as he took another bite of the large pizza topped with well everything except anchovies and olives.

" It is." I agree. I think it's the sauce.

Luke and I talk about mindless things as we eat. It isn't until he brings up what will happen when I get home that my mood falls.

" Don't remind me. I don't even want to go back there." My mom won't be mad but seething. She probably wants to disown me at this point.

" Who knows? Maybe Dimitri can make up some excuse to spare you getting into more trouble." I shake my head.

" No. Stephan would probably go and tell my mom i left just to make me more miserable."

" Hey what's up with him anyways? He's always being a dick to you." When isn't he?

" It's a long story."

" Let me guess goes back to when you were in Paris." I nod.

" Yup. Seems like he hated me then and even more now."

Ever since I've met Stephan he never liked me. I don't know why. Although he has been acting civilized with me lately. Well sometimes when we aren't arguing.

Luke's phone started ringing and he rose a brow.

" I have to take this." I nod as he stands up and leaves the restaurant.

I go back to eating my pizza while reading the hundreds of text messages from my mother and Dimitri. The usual 'where are you', 'answer your phone', and 'come home now' texts. One from Bash surprised me it was a single thumbs up emoji. I was about to reply with a smiley face when a call entered. It was Dimitri.

Reluctantly I answered.

" Hey Dimitri! How's it going?" I said in a casual friendly tone.

" Where are you?" He snapped.

" Wow! Not even a hey? Where's your manners?" I can hear him grind his teeth in irritation.

" Catalina I'm not in the mood right now." He said in a low voice that caused a shiver to make its way to my core. " Where are you?" He asked once again.

" Why do you want to know?" I asked.

" Don't answer a question with a question! Especially one too already know the answer to." I can hear how his control is slipping. It's a miracle he hasn't cursed. Yet.

" Oh do I?" He lets out a sigh.

" Stop acting like a child Catalina and just tell me where you are?" A child!? I'm acting like a child!? That pissed me off.

" Why!? So you can come over here and drag me back home where my mom will just yell at me again!? Say how much of a screw up child I am!? Say how much she wished I was more like Isis!?" My words are hard and clipped.

" You're not a screw up." He says after a few silent moments.

I can't help but scoff. " My actions say otherwise."

" That you act on impulse without thinking about the consequences? Yes you do." I suddenly hear voices in the background. Once of which belonged to my sister. He tells her something I don't catch before he returns to me. " Catalina where are you?" I bet they asked him to ask that.