Chapter 57

" Your moping." Luke said as he sat besides me in our Pre-Calculus class.

" I am not moping." I retorted

" Yeah you are. Have been for what five months now?" He said.

" Five in a half actually." I correct him.

Five and a half months. It's been that long since Dimitri and my sister as well as Sebastian have left to France. Five and a half months and it feels like a century later.

Putting down my pencil I turned to Luke. For the past two weeks Luke has claimed that I am moping around. That I have a giant black cloud of depression looming over me. I don't think I'm moping or anywhere near depressed. I mean I haven't missed a day of school. My grades are perfect. I got accepted into both Harvard and Yale. I have even stopped with my lavish party lifestyle and binge drinking on the weekends. I'm a good kid now. Well as good as I possibly have been. Luke says it's depression.

What would I be depressed about? I've already accepted that Dimitri is on the other side of the world enjoying life with my sister. I've let him go. Luke knows this. I am not depressed. Okay I might overindulge in junk food and gained eight pounds but I'm so not depressed.

" Five and a half months? See! You shouldn't know how long he's been gone. That's bad for you." He said.

" Oh like how watching Netflix and wanting to stay home and study is bad for me?" I retorted with a raised brow.

" Uh yeah. You don't even want to go out or leave your room. That's depression. Cat I think you should go see a therapist. My mother's is-"

" I'm not going to see a shrink!" I snap.

" I'm just saying! It'll be good for you to talk to someone else about it. They can give you some advice."

" I don't need to hear someone else's opinions thank you very much." I growl.

" Course you don't cause you don't even listen to mine." He grumbled.

" Luke I know you have good intentions but I'm not moping. I'm just-"

" Just go out this weekend. If you come I'll stop bugging you. Deal?" He asked.

I gave him a look. " Go where?"

" Prom."

" Luke you know I-"

" You're running for prom queen. You have to go!"

" I didn't even put my name in! And I don't want to go." I grumbled.

" Why not?"

" Cause I don't have a date."

" Easy. Ask anyone they'll go with you."

" Luke no. I haven't even gotten a dress or anywhere near prepared for prom."

" You're a size what medium now?" He says as she looks at me.

" Don't remind me." I growl.

" Catalina come on! Going to Prom and having a good time will help you forget about Dimitri."