Chapter 58

" You know I feel like a penguin but like a fashionable penguin." Salem says as she pulls some poses in front of the long bathroom mirror.

" The gown is big on you." I comment as I fix my hair under my cap.

" Big? We look like big red balloons." Serena said from where she's smoking a cigarette in one of the bathroom stalls.

" Fashionable red balloons." Salem adds.

I just chuckled before I used a hairpin to pin the cap down onto my head.

Today is our graduating ceremony. Yup I am graduating from high school. After stressful finals earlier this week I am finally graduating high school. I honestly didn't think I'll even graduate. Especially after what happened some months ago. With being kidnapped and all. I missed a lot of school but thankfully I'm graduating. The rest of my friends are graduating as well. Salem barely made it. If she didn't copy from me for the Physics final she wouldn't even be here.

Since I am graduating my parents- surprisingly- have actually cleared their hectic schedules to come to my ceremony.
My sister, Dimitri, and Sebastian are also coming as well. They arrived early this morning but I was over at Salems so I won't see them until later. I'm not at all nervous to see them. If not I'm much more excited to see Sebastian.

" Hey tonight party at my place." Serena said.

" Seriously? I thought your grandparents were in town." I said.

In the time I dated Nate one thing I did do was not just meet his parents but his grandparents. They are well difficult to get along with. Real Scrooges. They liked me at least. They don't like Salem as much. She told me herself of the not so nice first meeting they had. Even had the audacity of saying Nate should dump her and be with me. Really pissed her off. She didn't talk to me for almost two weeks because of it. Serena made her get over it. Luke and Nate convinced her and well she got over it.

" No. They couldn't make it. Thankfully. Just send their regards."

" You must be happy." Salem commented.

" Yeah. They can be a bit stupid. Although they have me a gift."

" What is it?" I asked.

Her grandparents may be Scrooges but boy do they give good gifts. They gave Nathaniel his own helicopter when he turned sixteen. Serena has a fairly heirloom. A beautiful all sapphire choker necklace. They also gave me a horse when I was with Nathaniel for Christmas. It's currently living at my families summer home in Montana.

" Well they didn't give it to me. They just gave me the go to."

" And what is it?" Salem pressed.

" You know their Vila in Italy?" Salem and I both nodded. Serena's grandparents Vila a notoriously well known. They rent it to many celebrities. They like it because of its grand wall that keep paparazzi out. Even multiple weddings have happened there.

" What about it?" I asked.

" They said I could use it this summer. All summer long. So I was wondering how about we all go to Italy for the summer? I mean we haven't gone nowhere together in a while." She said.