Chapter 61

After the kiss we had all we've done since then is talk. Talk about us. What we've been up to. How we've been. I'm mostly doing the talking. He's very persistent on getting every single detail out of me. I don't mind talking. If not I prefer mindless babble over awkward silence.

" So your friend Serena is Nathaniels sister, who you dated for almost three years, and now your other friend Salem is dating him?" He slowly said.

" Yeah. Complicated right?" I grinned.

" Sort of. Although, they seem like a fun bunch."

" They are! You'll love them! Salem can be pretty over the top but she's fun! Serena is laid back and prefers to be high all the time but she's really smart. Nate is just well a dude." I shrugged.

He nodded. " They sound interesting. Although will they like me?"

I'm about to answer the obvious 'yes' when I stopped. Will my friends like him? Salem who is so critical will bombard him with questions. Especially about the scars on his face. Serena usually keeps her thoughts to herself. Nate gets along with everyone. But... Salem. She'll be the difficult one.

" Yeah. Course they will." I finally said after a moment.

" You sure? I mean once someone sees me they sort of steer clear." He motioned to his face. I couldn't help but frown.

" Well those who 'steer clear' are idiots!" I snap.

" This is a judgmental world." He states.

" Well yeah but-" I'm cut off by the vibrating of my phone. Picking it up I see that Luke is calling me. " I have to take this." Alek nods and I answer. " Please don't tell me you threw the kid out the window?" I asked.

" No. Actually we have a bit of a problem."

" Are you at the hospital?" I slowly asked with wide eyes.

" No. It's your brother and Heidi. They're coming home already. They sort of been calling and I've been making excuses as to why you aren't here. Heidi didn't sound so happy." I let out a curse when I see the time.

" I'll be right there." I hang up and turn to Alek. " Sorry but I gotta go home. I left Luke babysitting my brothers kid. Once they realize I'm not home my brothers girlfriend will kill me."

" It's fine but when will I see you again?" He asked as I stood up.

" Well tomorrow I'm doing some packing cause I'm leaving to Italy Sunday."

" Italy? How long will you be there?"

" Uh don't know. Most of the summer. I'm also going to France to stay with my sister for a while."

" You'll be with Dimitri." He growls.

" He's married to my sister! And they are having a kid so don't give me that look!" I snapped at him.

" Sorry. It's hard not to get jealous when you're going to stay at your past lovers place." He retorted.

" It's alright. I shouldn't have snapped." I sighed. " Hey! How about you come to Italy!? You can meet my friends and we can all have a blast!" I chirped.