Chapter 48

Catalinas POV

I don't know how long I ran until I came to a harsh stop by tripping over a loose cobblestone. Falling I extend my arm which break the fall. I grunted into the snow as my palms burned. Slowly I turned onto my back. Laying there on the dirty floor panting I examined my hands. The skin red with some bleeding. Slowly I pick out the small rocks from them.

If possible I would've stayed laying on this dirty ground longer. My aching muscles sure wanted a break. I couldn't. I had to keep going and get to the church.

Sitting up I glanced up and down the small narrow street. It's dark and empty. Shadows casted here and there. Up there's a glowing of light from one of the windows. The curtains drawn close but still the light shine bright.

At the moment I wished I was back home. Back in my room. Laying on the bed eating cookie dough ice cream while watching Netflic on my laptop. God how I missed Netflix! Ironically enough even my family. I miss my father and mother scowling at me. My constant arguments with Isis. My brother and his lame jokes and very pregnant fiancé. I wonder if Heidi had her kid yet? Doubt it. She was only seven months.

The sudden howl of a dog brought me out of my thoughts. A dreadful feeling crawled up and down my spine. Taking that as a sign I stood up and continued on my way.

If only Charlie gave me directions to this damn church! I have no idea where it's at! Let alone where I am at the moment.

Continuing on for another five minutes I stop when I see a group of young adults staggering my way. They are all talking loudly. The girls giggling at what the guys are saying.

They haven't noticed me. Yet. Standing in the shadows I debated if I should ask them where this cathedral is at. Then again they are the first group of people I've encountered.

Stepping out from the shadows I call to them. They stop and turn to face me. Quietly they disregarded me. Don't blame them. They must think I'm homeless. My clothes are dirty and torn at the knees and sleeves. Still.

" Hey!" I called again stepping in their direction.

The girls yapped at the guys. One girl studied me curiously before she said something to the group. They gave her odd glances before one of the guys stepped forward.

" Here." He held his hand out to reveal some money.

" No I don't need money." He gave me an odd look. " Actually I need directions. Do you know where St. Basil's Cathedral is at?" The guy looked surprised but nodded.

" Of course." Quickly he started to give me directions. " It's just a twenty minute walk from here. Although a girl of your age shouldn't be alone this late at night."

" Don't worry. I can handle myself. Thanks."

I finally go off.

The guy was clear with his directions and he was right. In twenty minutes or so I stood in the shadows of a tall building looking across at the St. Basil's Cathedral.

It's a sight to behold. Tall and painted in bright colors. Domes stood high. Snow laid across the roofs of it. It's beautiful. Very beautiful.

Charlie's instructions rang clear in my head. 'Dial this number. They will come and get you.'

Who are they? And am I capable enough to trust Charlie? I mean what if these people are dangerous? Then again I have no where to go. I can't actually go to the bank and demand them to give me some money without an form of ID. Let alone call home with no money. Damn! I should've taken the money from that guy.