Chapter 11

Dimitri's POV

" Well that was nice of you." Stephan said behind me the moment the door closed behind her and him.

" What are you talking about?" I asked even if I knew the answer.

" You sent Isis and Janie away so they won't piss her off. Pretty nice of you especially after you told me just yesterday how much you loathe and can't stand the sight of her." My chest tightened as he shot back my own words.

This entire weekend the shock that she's really back in my life when I least desired her to finally settled in. The emotions I've locked away came back with full force. I almost called the wedding and my engagement with Isis off. All I wanted as to get on a jet and just fucken disappear. Get as far away from her before I did something stupid.

Last night when I heard her get in around three am I almost barged into her room and demand why she really abandoned me. Not believing a word she said Saturday. I'm pissed that she left me with some stupid letter without hearing my own side. That's what really hurts the most. The feeling that you are nothing to someone you care dearly about. The only problem was that Isis was asleep in my bed. I slept with her last night. Mostly to get everything out of my system and remind myself that it should be her I'm focused on not Catalina. But all it made me feel was guilt.

You still love her man.

I wanted the punch myself as my subconscious was stating the obvious.

" Can't go around hating her. It'll draw attention." I excuse.

" True. That's why I'm being a little nicer you can say. I even smiled at her and didn't call her a bitch." He said proudly.

" So what do you think about Janie?" I changed the subject quickly not wanting to talk about Catalina.

" Janie she's," Stephan is at loss of words. His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to think of a word. " Nice." I scoff. Just in the few minutes I've seen Janie nice isn't a word I'll relate to her. Desperate is better.

" Nice?" I press.

" Yeah. Nice."

" What's nice?" Isis and Janie returned. A mug in each of their hands. Janie scampered up to Stephan handing him the mug.

" Here! I made you some coffee." Stephan gave her a tight lipped smile.

" Thank you." He grabbed the mug and took a small sip. I noticed him looking down at the liquid in worry as if he was worried he drugged him.

" So what's nice?" Isis repeats as I take the cup of coffee from her. I honestly don't like coffee. I'm more of a tea, orange juice, or water guy. I just needed some excuse before World War III exploded in the foyer.

" Dimitri here just told me about a house in Miami he was thinking of buying." Stephan quickly butted in saving my ass.

" Miami! You want to buy a house in Miami?" Isis asked. A single brow raised.

" It's more of a condo really. Really nice. Beach is right there. Beautiful view." Stephan added.

" I thought we talked about buying a house?" Silence. Stephan shot me a warming look while Janie couldn't stop staring at Stephan.

" It's for business. Not a family home." She smiled.

" In that case. Okay! Come on! Let's eat that way we can go and meet with the wedding planner!" Stephan and I exchange a look before we let the ladies lead us to the dining room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

" I was thinking of a classic romantic wedding." Isis tells the party planner, a woman who appeared to be in her late thirties with dark brown hair pulled back in a fancy bun and clear brown eyes that showed her excitement.