Chapter 59

" Alek?" I choked out as I stared up at him.

" Hey." He said with that familiar grin of his.

Now if this were any cliche movie I'll scream and grab him in a hug. Then I'll start crying and we'll kiss. That's how it's supposed to be. Life isn't a movie. This is reality.

Yeah I mean I'm surprised. More then surprised to see him. I'm glad to see that he's before me but I'm also pissed. Why is he here now? What caused him to come back after almost six months? Six very long months with him not calling or even sending me a damn postcard.

" What are you doing here?" I asked after composing myself.

My question caused his eyebrows to furrow.

" Cat I came for you. I told you once I finished off-"

" Yeah you got your revenge. You being here proves it." I snapped.

" Why are you mad?" He asked.

" Why I'm mad? You want to know why I'm mad? I'm mad because I've been waiting for you for almost six damn months. Six very long months. Not a call, email, or even a damn letter to say you're okay or alive! I thought you might've been dead." I find myself breathing heavily.

" I'm sorry." He mumbled.

" What?"

" I'm sorry. I should've contacted you. It was the right thing to do but I couldn't risk it. Not until those sons of bitches were gone. I'm sorry but at the same time I'm not because I knew this entire time you were safe and fine."

" How would you know?"

" Luke. Tristan stayed in contact with him. He would give us updates on you."

" Luke?" What the epic hell!? My best friend was keeping them updated on me and I didn't know!? Oh I'm going to kill Luke when I see him.

" Yes."

" Oh. What kind of things did he update you on?" I will admit I am curious as to know what Luke told him.

" How you were. What you did. School and your family. Prom and your graduation."

" He basically told you everything."

" Yes. Although I tried to make it in time for your ceremony earlier but I had to do some things."

" Earlier? How long have you been here?"

" A month." My jaw dropped.

" You've been here. In this city for a month?"

" Give or take yes."

I scoffed. " And you didn't plan on running into me sooner?"

" I wanted to but you were always with your friends."

" That doesn't matter! You could've walked on up!" I cried.

" It wasn't that easy."

" Why not?" I pressed.