one

Why does he have to be so goddamn attractive? Just the way he is makes me weak and he has no idea who I am. I'd let him teach me math all day, even if his answers are wrong.

"Paisley you seem very concentrated, is Jeremy's answer right?" Mr Randall asked startling me.

"Uh, mm no," Mr Randall raised an eyebrow at me. "It can't be one, x to the power of three minus negative three is six, so it would be x to the power of six not x to the power of zero..." I felt as if Jeremy's eyes were sending daggers into my body.

"I'm surprised you picked up the error," Mr Randall spoke monotonously.

"Nerd," West muttered under his breath.

"Shut up Xavier." I rolled my eyes at him making my annoyance clear.

"You shut up, you're the only one who calls me Xavier, nerd." He matched my mood. I didn't bother replying, instead I watched as Jeremy took his seat in front of me before focusing back on my work.

I gathered my books and made my way to the table where Vanessa and I sat. "Hey how was math with West?!" Vanessa greeted eagerly,

"Eh, alright he was a little less annoying today..."

"I wouldn't even care if he annoyed me during english, he doesn't even know I'm in his class." I could see the thoughts of West flashing in her golden eyes.

Xavier Westley, otherwise known as West, is
the most popular boy in our grade. He's buff, good at sport, has nice curly brown hair and a heart melting smile. He's also extremely smart but no one seems to mention that. I take advanced mathematics and chemistry with him. He's also very charming but I'm not interested at all. Vanessa on the other hand has liked him since he started here, which was about five months ago, a month before I started here as well.

"How's Jeremy going?" Vanessa interrupted my thoughts.

"Fine, he still doesn't bother acknowledging my existence," I sighed, scanning my surroundings for something else to think about.

"You don't want anything to do with that boy anyway," she said lightly warned.

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned.

"Look, he only wants one thing from girls, I heard the last girlfriend he had, he broke up with because she wasn't good in bed, how rude is that?"

"I bet I'm good in bed," I chimed, ignoring the fact that Jeremy had and could potentially use any girl he wanted.

"Paisley, seriously, you're not going to get involved with him are you?" She looked concerned but I shrugged it off.

"Vanessa, this year is the year," I beamed confidently after a minute.

"The year for what?" She asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm going to have sex with Jeremy." I couldn't help but smile, especially with the thought of me achieving that running through my head.

"No you're not!" She snapped, "you've only really paid attention to him as of about three weeks ago, why would you waste your time with him. You could literally have any boy in the grade but you choose Jeremy."

"I'm just drawn to him I guess..." I trailed off.