seven

*calypso text tone*

Jeremy
Address?
sent 9:03am

Don't you just love cute good morning texts?

Paisley
of what?
delivered 9:05am

I replied only to annoy him. "Seriously?" I whispered to myself picking up my ringing phone.

"Paisley did you forget again that we're busy today?" I had succeeded in annoying him as his voice was laced with frustration.

"Sorry I'll send it now." I flatly replied before I hung up the phone.

Jeremy arrived right on 10. He held open the door for me as I got into the back of the shiny black Rolls Royce. Him half jogging to the other door to get in looked so attractive for some reason.

"This is Derrick. He's my driver, he works for my parents in the school holidays considering my parents are too busy to take me anywhere," he said patting Derrick on the side of the arm.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Paisley," I greeted him shyly.

"A pleasure to meet you too, Jeremy never brings a girl along to anything, he's always hiding them from us," Derrick laughed.

"Oh I'm just his biology partner" I tried to join in on his laughing.

I caught Derrick giving Jeremy a look in the revision mirror, Jeremy just shot him an evil look then looked out the window. After an awkwardly quiet 15 minute car ride we pulled up at the mall. We said our thanks to Derrick as we hopped out the car.

"Yeah sorry about him," Jeremy apologised walking towards the entrance.

"He didn't even say much, nothing to be sorry about." I tried to keep his pace.

"Don't worry, I'll have my license in four months anyway." This made me wonder if he implied that he'd be driving me around soon.

Hooray for the girls that get to drive around with you. Oh god and for the girls that'll get to have sex with you in your car.

"Hey before we get stuff for the experiment do you mind if we eat?" I asked grabbing my stomach subtly.

Jeremy looked at me in annoyance, "fine, make it quick."

We sat down at one of the small pop up cafes in the middle of one of the corridors. Our coffees came out and not long after so did my cheese and avocado toastie. I noticed Jeremy's behaviour was a bit strange.

"Oh fuck." He clenched his jaw.

I followed his eyes to see a girl about my height with mid-length, straight brown hair and bright blue eyes coming towards us. Her fake tan looked horrendous and the amount of make up she was wearing could be spotted from miles away.

"What is going on?" She demanded standing very close to the table.

"Nothing we're just paired together for a biology assignment," Jeremy spoke standing up.

"This doesn't look like a stupid biology assignment," she raised her voice a little making me face palm. She took a closer look at me.

"The new girl, really Jeremy. I knew this would happen," she said angrily.

New? I've been here for four months now. She clearly wasn't Niamh so she had to be mystery hot girl.

"Maddison there's nothing between her and I." He grabbed onto her arm. "Trust me babe," he said in a softer tone.

"I do." She gave him a peck on the cheek.

She came towards me and leant in uncomfortably close. "If you even try make a move on him, I'll know about it honey," she warned before smiling and walking off.

"Bae seems nice." I took a bite into my toastie. Jeremy smirked in response and began scrolling through Instagram. "She's not Niamh," I mumbled.

"What?" He said in a fierce tone. "How do you know - what do you know about Niamh and I." He said corrected himself to try and not give too much away.

"Nothing I just thought you and her -"

"No she wishes," he cut me off. "She comes onto me, she knows I have Maddison but she still messages me and tries to flirt with me at school. Sometimes she even sends me nudes. She's lame, I would never go for her," he rudely affirmed. I was honestly so shocked I couldn't process everything I was told.

"Wait so, are you and Maddison together?"

"Kind of," he answered bluntly.

"So what Niamh is doing isn't exactly wrong, it just isn't right either?" I questioned. "I don't get what you mean by kind of, how can you be kind of together?"

"God Paisley you're so full of questions. Let's just go."

I ate the last bite of my toastie and had my coffee put into a takeaway cup. I followed Jeremy everywhere, he bought all the things we needed. We didn't really speak much for the rest of the day though.

*calypso text tone*

"That's me." I took my phone from my pocket.

Vanessa
Sleep over tonight please???
sent 2:46pm

Paisley
Yes! I have so much to tell you 😬
delivered 2:47pm

Vanessa
Tell me now!!??
sent 2:47pm

Paisley
I'm busy rn, I'll be over in the next two hours
delivered 2:48pm

Vanessa
With whooo! Jeremy??? Okay hurry ☺️
sent 2:49pm

Paisley
Yes, I'll be over sooner if I can, see you then! 💛
delivered 2:51pm

"Jeremy, are we almost done? I need to go home really soon." I purposely whined.

"Yeah pretty much, why?"

"I'm supposed to be seeing Vanessa soon, I'm staying at hers tonight." I pretended as if I'd planned it ages ago.

"I thought you were coming over tomorrow, to finish the experiment," he complained.

"That's the first I heard about it. I'll come Tuesday, tomorrow I can see Vanessa and you can see bae," I giggled.

It looked like a light bulb went off over his head, "sometimes you're full of good ideas Paisley! I'll see Maddi tomorrow." He took his phone from his pocket to text her.

"Have you had sex with her yet?" I blurted out, my cheeks immediately flushed.

He awkwardly laughed then looked at me in confusion, "maybe, maybe not whys that?"

"Just don't please." He must've thought I was the biggest creep at that moment because I did.

He laughed again, "okay, I won't have sex with her because you used your manners. You really are weird." I knew he wasn't taking me seriously.

After half an hour we were back in the car on the way to my house. "I'll pick you up again Tuesday, Paisley." I lazily threw my arm in the air as if to wave good bye not bothering to stop walking up my driveway.