twenty four

"So are you going to sit here and ignore me all day?" Vanessa questioned while I kept shoving food in my mouth.

I looked at her for a second to make her think I was going to reply then continued rummaging through my lunchbox.

"What's going on, you didn't talk to me yesterday either? I didn't even get one single snapchat back at least." The tone in her voice was more worried than frustrated. Granted she didn't know that I knew about her past advances on Jeremy. "You broke our streak by the way."

I shrugged and cleaned up the mess I'd made on our lunch table. I got up and walked slowly to the bin. It was hard to ignore Vanessa, she was the only close friend I'd made here since starting just over six months ago.

"You're not gonna ditch me in biology are you?" I looked up to see Lincoln with a half smile on his face.

"No, I'm actually glad the assignments over, so I can finally sit next to you again," I said lightly. "How'd you go with changing the draft?"

"Good I guess, I mean I handed on time." He laughed lightly. "Always on time." He flashed a cheesy smile.

"I think we were all on time buddy, no one wants to automatically fail an assignment." We stood for another moment, constantly side stepping for people who needed the bin.

"I'm gonna walk to class."

"It isn't for another 8 minutes," I reminded him.

"Always on time." He jokingly winked at me.

I cleared my throat, "I think you mean early."

"Look you can either walk with me, or walk alone," he said playfully.

"Let me just get my stuff." I walked back over to the table without so much as glancing to Vanessa.

"You're being really immature, for the past day I thought maybe something was wrong but now I realise you're obviously angry with me."

I zipped up my bag and slung it on my back, I looked at her before turning to head to Lincoln.

"Go running off to the boys, as always," she called to me. I stopped in my tracks and turned to her.

I walked a few steps closer to her so I wouldn't have to completely embarrass her in front of the surrounding people. "It must've been a shame when you asked him to take your virginity and he said no." I stuck out my bottom lip and tilted my head. "Didn't make the cut."

Horror flashed on her face and for a second I thought I saw tears well up in her eyes. "You don't know the whole story," she defended. This time my head was tilted in curiosity. "Wow, I just can't believe you." She breathed heavily in surprise. "If you just talked to me... Then maybe..."

"Vane-"

"No, not right now, Paisley. I don't have time for your bullshit, good luck trying to get someone, who has a girlfriend might I add, to sleep with you." She got up from her seat and stormed off leaving me with no words.

I walked over to Lincoln not wanting to make eye contact with him, or anyone.

"What was that all about?"

I just shook my head.

"I probably don't want to know anyway." I barely nodded and we continued to class. "Thanks to you we're just in time," he joked as we got our books from our bags. He pointed up right as the bell sounded. I smiled and shook my head. "After you." He twirled his hand and bowed his head like they do in the movies.

"You're so lame," I giggled as I stepped through the doorway. My eyes naturally flickered to Jeremy, he was already looking. I turned to Lincoln and smiled at him, with no other reason than to get on Jeremy's nerves.