five

The weekend finally rolled around... Okay not quite, there was just five more minutes left of math.

"What are you doing this weekend?" West asked casually trying to make conversation.

Nothing.

"Just hanging out with friends and studying maybe, you?"

"Studying? Nerd. Yeah probably chilling with the boys, we should hang-"

"Paisley," A voice spoke sternly making me jump. I looked up and my eyes met another pair the colour of emeralds.

Oh it's just Jeremy. Oh my god Jeremy said my name.

"Ah-hm yeah?" I folded my arms on the desk and leaned forward.

"Are you free Saturday?"

Always free.

"Maybe why's that?" I turned my attention away from him trying to seem uninterested.

"Our experiment," he stated sounding annoyed.

"Oh sure," I replied, he handed me his phone causing me to become confused.

"So I can text you," he clarified. My heart jumped and my fingers stumbled over the keyboard, I was grateful that he hadn't been watching my pathetic attempt of putting my name and number in. I locked his phone and handed it back to him after saving my number.

"What were you saying?" I turned back to West to try and play it cool.

"Never mind," he awkwardly laughed.

"I'm getting food after school with Vanessa. Wanna come?" My voice was awkwardly a little high pitched due to the fact that I've never made plans with West before.

"Vanessa?" He questioned. Her name sounded cute coming out of his mouth.

"She's a little taller than me? Long brown hair? I sit with her. I think she's in your english?" I felt as if the clues were useless to him.

"Oh Vanessa." He slowly nodded looking into space.

He has no clue.

"If you're coming with us meet at the gate in about 10 okay? I'll go get her from her class," I rushed as the bell rang, gathering my books. I quickly made my way to her classroom.

"Woah, woah slow down, what's the rush?" Vanessa asked with a concerned look, she placed her hands on my shoulders.

"We have somewhere to be!" I huffed out of breath.

"Huh? Honeypot Cafe? Paisley what's the big deal?" I could hear the frustration forming in her voice.

"Vanessa we have to go but you look beautiful so don't worry?" I took her arm and pulled her along.nShe was nagging the whole way until we were just a few steps away from West.

"Paisley, who do you think he's waiting for?" She whispered looking straight at him.

"He's waiting for us. Mainly you because I told him I had to go get you," I answered making her cheeks flush a little.

In only a few seconds I saw all the emotions spread across her face but of course she settled on a glare.

"Paisley you should've told me!"

I let go of her because I knew she'd closely follow.

"Ready to go?" His voice sounded so gentle. I nodded and replied with a smile.

We entered the cafe, the smell of coffee and toasties hitting us. This place was usually filled with a lot of students on the last days of school. I scanned the area with my eyes stopping on one person.

Jeremy.

West and Vanessa ordered and had already taken a seat at a table. I was kind of nervous because Vanessa always talked to me about how she'd talk to West, I'm just afraid of what she might say considering some of the scenarios had made me cringe. She seems to be doing alright though, he looks interested...

"How many wheels?" Jeremy spoke from behind me. I could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

I turned around and rolled my eyes at him. I am not a third wheel.

"I'll see you tomorrow, eight o clock, nice and early." He touched my elbow before walking out of the cafe.  My elbow was all tingly as if he was still touching it. I felt so helpless and charmed in his presence.