thirteen

The week consisted of nothing interesting- same old, same old. So when the bell rang signalling it was pretty much the weekend I skipped out of the gates, with Vanessa of course.

"What are you getting today?" She questioned as we entered the café.

"Maybe just a milkshake or something," I answered while I looked at the menu. She nodded in thought, I scanned the tables when my eyes landed on a lonely Jeremy. "Order me a chocolate shake please, I'll be over there." I handed her the money then made my way to his table.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked standing behind one of the seats.

"Waiting," he replied frustrated.

"Oh, for Maddison?"

"Yeah, you should probably go," he warned, but it was too late. I turned my head to see Maddison coming towards us.

"You just can't seem to leave my boyfriend alone," she exploded. My head was scrambling for words because of the scene she was making.

"I was just leaving," I choked out.

"Good, my boyfriend doesn't have time for rats like you," she asserted menacingly.

I was taken aback by her choice of an immature insult, it was a low shot for her to take but I held back showing her that it got to me.

"Ready to go?" Vanessa asked as she came over and handed me my chocolate shake. I nodded and we headed for the door without looking back. "What was that about?"

"Maddison thinks I'm trying to get with Jeremy," I grumbled.

"Well you kinda are," Vanessa smirked.

"I'm a bad person," I half whispered reminding myself that there wasn't anyway I was getting any closer to him.

"No you're not," She laughed.

"Paisley," Jeremy called as he half jogged towards us. I turned around and remained silent. "I'm sorry about that."

"Okay," I managed before shoving the straw in my mouth.

"No really, she had no right to say those things to you," he explained. His alluring eyes met mine before he said, "I do have time for you though, otherwise I wouldn't be standing here."

I smiled and prayed to God that I wasn't blushing. Vanessa cleared her throat disturbing the mood, "so are you two finished here or?"

My eyes looked to him for an answer while he rubbed the back of his neck. "As much as I don't want to go back in there I probably should."

I bit my lip before saying, "probably."

"Yeah you should," Vanessa added in annoyance. "Otherwise you won't have a girlfriend in the next few minutes."

Jeremy awkwardly chuckled, I sent Vanessa an are-you-serious-what-the-heck-was-that look. "Good luck," I called as he walked off.

"I'll need it, thanks," he called back smiling.

"Tell me you didn't fall for that I have time for you bullshit," Vanessa spoke once we continued walking.

"He didn't mean it like that, he was just trying to be nice," I replied flatly.

"He's such a flirt it's disgusting."

"He wasn't flirting, you make out that he's worse than he is!" I complained.

"Okay fair enough he apologised for her but he didn't need to sleaze onto you."

"He wasn't doing that Vanessa," I argued, I didn't realise that I had raised my voice until people who passed began to look at us.

"He said he didn't want to go back in there hinting that he would rather of been with you. That's not fair on either of you is it?" She pointed out.

"I don't know, let's not talk about them anymore." I didn't interpret his words as him wanting to be here with me instead of Maddison. I had gotten used to the complicated mess they were in and the mixed emotions he was sending me. He was getting to be a lot nicer towards me which was strange but he could hate me for the next three days and it would be normal. Vanessa was only looking out for me so I didn't bother arguing anymore with her.

A/N
EXTREMELY SHORT UPDATE BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS WELL DESERVED, keep reading, mind my slow updates! Votes and comments are always nice oh and checkout FATAL please please. I'll try and do a long update next time xoxo