eight

It was the next morning of the sleep over with Vanessa. We had stayed up until two in the morning discussing both our problems. I explained to her everything about Jeremy and Niamh and Maddison, while she talked about West and occasionally mentioning Lincoln.

"I still don't believe it." Vanessa buttered her toast.

"I know, I can't either but, I've heard things from Theo and I just. Ugh I don't know," I complained taking a sip of apple juice.

"No way is Jeremy seeing Maddison, they're just too different. She's in that intimidating hot girl group and him well, his friends are good looking."

"What? I was talking about Niamh. Jeremy is hot too," I corrected.

"Oh no, I already knew Niamh did those kind of things, the boys always joke about it. Well yeah I guess he is but have you seen the boys he sits with? He can't be with Maddison, he's always making flirty faces at Lani in philosophy."

"You take philosophy, oh my god Vanessa why?" I laughed.

"Hey it's not too bad!" She clarified.

"What do you mean by the boys always joke about Niamh?"

"Niamh doesn't just send things to Jeremy, quite a lot of boys get those from her."

"Okay let's just not talk about Niamh anymore." I couldn't comprehend the things people were saying about her, it was all just too much. "But no I haven't seen the boys he sits with."

"You're missing out, I'll show you when school starts back up".

I nodded while taking a bite into my toast.

"Oh and Lani used to be quite close to Jeremy," Vanessa said while I was in thought. I just shrugged it off. I don't really want to know about anymore girls and Jeremy. It's supposed to be me and him. Sorry I meant me on him.

"You and West planning to see each other over the holidays?"

"No," she said sadly, "he has a super hot girlfriend."

"Oh who?" I cut in.

"She goes to another school. They're going through a rough patch at the moment. I hope they break up," she joked making us both laugh. "They've been dating since they were 14! That's two years, how crazy."

"Really yeah that's so long! Considering the amount of fuckboys and fuckgirls there are today," I said annoyed.

"Paisley there's no such thing as fuckgirls," Vanessa laughed almost choking on her second piece of toast.

"Yes there is. They're called sluts, hoes, home wreckers, side hoes-"

"Okay, okay," Vanessa laughed even more.

"What? its true, we get so much harsher names than boys do."

"Yeah very true," she said calming down from her fit of laughter.

We spent the rest of the day blasting our favourite bands and eating all the food in her cupboard. We even had done most of the assignments we had over break. Lame I know, schoolwork on holidays. We ordered pizza in the afternoon and swam in her pool.

"So how are you planning on having sex with him?" Vanessa asked from the pool chair.

"I don't know anymore, he has too much going on, I don't think I should." I leaned my head on the side of the pool.

"Good, you're not getting involved with him," she chimed.

"Hey but if the chance jumps out at me I'm going to." I said in a matter-of-fact tone. "We'll make a deal, by the end of the school year, if I haven't had sex with Jeremy yet, I'll give you $20."

"Alright deal." Vanessa got up from the pool chair to pinky promise and lock the deal in. "When are you seeing him next?"

"Tomorrow."