two

I hated the fact that both Jeremy and I sat alone at different tables in biology. Hopefully we have to do text book work today so I have an excuse to sit next to him.

"We have a new student joining us today," Mr Oakely spoke trying to sound excited.

A tall figure walked through the door and I met hazel his eyes, quickly dropping my head to focus my gaze on my books.

"Go ahead, introduce yourself," Mr Oakley instructed taking a seat at his desk.

"I'm Lincoln Carnell, I just moved up state," he informed us casually. "And yeah." He shrugged before looking at Mr Oakley to be dismissed.

"There's a seat next to Jeremy or Paisley, take your pick." Mr Oakley gestured towards both tables. I kept my eyes fixed on my books, to save myself the embarrassment of rejection.

"Hey do you mind if I sit here?" He asked sweetly. He placed his books onto the table before I could answer.

"Yes," I stumbled out. "I mean n-no not all, I don't mind, yes you can sit here." He smiled a perfect smile in response and took a seat.

"Paisley," he said softly. His voice reminded me of angels and harps and halos. It also had something to do with the way his dark blonde waves shone under the light I think.

"Mm?" I answered meeting his stare.

Now that I looked at him up close his eyes were more gold than hazel. It was a strangely beautiful sighting for me, he had those eyes you read about in books. I glanced to his mouth to see his lips tucked at both corners creating a smug smile.

"Nothing just checking that I got your name right."

I mirrored his smile, not as perfect, but still a smile. Why did I have butterflies?

"I'm Lincoln but you can call me Link."

"Okay, Link." By this point my cheeks were flushed and the words left my mouth awkwardly. I much preferred to call him Lincoln but instead of voicing my preference, I continued working.

The lesson came to a quicker end than expected, maybe because I was so caught up with Lincoln. As I packed up I watched Jeremy exit the room before realising I still hadn't made any progress with him.

"Holy shit, have you seen him yet?" Vanessa beamed almost running towards me.

"Xavier? Jeremy?"

"The new boy!" She asserted, "his names L-"

"Lincoln," I cut her off.

"Of course you've already talked to him," she mumbled while getting her lunch out of her bag.

"He cock blocked me. Today was the day I was going to sit with Jeremy and now I'm stuck with Link," I whined, to be fair anyone could've sat next to me and I would've blamed them. I was more annoyed at myself for being so shy.

"Link? Cute," she teased. "I doubt you would've talked to Jeremy anyway."

"Shut up, I meant Lincoln and I so would've," I playfully snapped, we both knew she was right. "Lincoln... I mean if I didn't want Jeremy so much I'd probably go for him but every girl wants him and yeah... I want Jeremy."

"Whatever you say," Vanessa giggled.

I'll admit it. Lincoln is gorgeous. But I have to stay focused. I'm just so sure with Jeremy. I'm not letting some new boy throw me off course.