Safe With Me Part 1 / Kyun

Trigger Warning. The entire series has content such as violence, guns, blood and death. Please only read it if you feel comfortable with it // Somewhat Mafia Story

Safe With Me

Paranoid you walk down that long corridor. Every third step you turn around, so scared that you're being followed. The hollow sound your high heels make as you walk over the carpet at a fast pace are so damn loud but you're in a hurry, so you don't care. Gulping you look down at that loaded gun in your hand before you stop in front of the many doors. With a deep breath, you pull out the card and open the door carefully. After slipping the card back into your pocket, you enter the hotelroom, immediately look around, the gun in front of your face now. You feel your heart racing and you step closer into the room. This suite is huge, so you don't know if you might get surprised. Breathing heavily you open another door and find someone behind it, pointing a gun in your direction as well. The dude is wearing a black suit, his long dark hair is pulled back, his dark eyes rest on you suspiciously.

"Are you alone?", he demands to know as you walk closer, both guns still pointed at each other.

"Yes!", you reply in a strong voice.

You both lower your hands, click on the guns and both of your magazines drop to the ground, followed by the guns themselves. It's good that you're suspicious. Even after all this time. Even after you proved your loyalty to one another. But you can never know.

For a long moment, you stare at each other until you smile.

"Good evening, Changkyun!", you say, take off your coat and throw it on the couch before you lean against the pool table next to him. Kyun tilts his head and smirks. "Good evening to you too, y/n...", he breathes and looks up and down your body before your eyes meet again.

"You... um... you look great", he says shyly and you look down at your black, skintight dress and the high heels and laugh. "Too much for a meeting with the undercover agent that's trying to tear down my family?"

He laughs as well. "A little bit maybe..."

For a moment you both look at each other again. And you feel the goosebumps that cover your skin. From the second your father introduced him to you, there was something between the both of you. And then you found out he wasn't who he claimed to be. He works for the police. He's looks pretty young but his boyish look is perfect to disguise him as a dude who went off tracks and to give your father a reason to give him shelter. And for the first time in your life, you felt safe. Safe to talk about how disgusted you are by your father's business, and how scared you are for the innocent people he hurts. Kyun gives you hope. Hope to start somewhere new. Without your family. But for a while now, the urge to start over alone hasn't been as present anymore. Your constant meetings in secret with Kyun set free feelings you never thought you had. The longing, the hoping, the constant questioning if he feels the same. And then you have to remind yourself that... he's not here for you. He's here for a reason. He's probably only using you as his informant, someone who gives him the information he will never get because he doesn't belong to the inner circle. Didn't. That changed.

"He trusts you now. Congrats...", you say and smile again.  "Why am I still here? You now get the information at first hand..."

Kyun smirks, walks over to a little table, turns around two of the glasses, and pours some whiskey into them before he walks back to you and leans on the pool table next to you. You thank him after he passed you one of the drinks.

"You're here cause...", he shrugs while staring into the emptiness. "I guess I need a friend?"

This surprises you. He was always so hard, so tough. You've never seen this thoughtful side of him. This makes you even weaker for him.