Summer / Wonho

Summer.

How does the summer smell to you?

What is its scent?

And I don't mean the scent of flowers and warm rain.

What does the summer remind you of?

What comes to your mind when you smell the summer?

For Wonho this question is easy to answer.

You.

Every time he hears the birds singing, feels the warm wind blowing, every time he smells flowers, sees their colors, they remind him of you. And without being able to control it, your scent lingers in his nose.

He doesn't know if you smell like summer or the summer smells like you but in the end, it doesn't matter.

Cause... just like the summer, you are gone.

You left.

Just like that.

Wonho never thought he could fall in love this hard, this fast. He never thought he could see someone and fall... fall for their smile, their eyes, their way of wearing their hair, their scent.

It was a classic teenage romance, you visited your relatives over the summer. And he saw you at the lake. Actually, he heard your laughter first and got so distracted by it that the ball he and his friends were playing with hit him and he crashed onto the sand. When he opened his eyes again, he saw your worried face.

"Are you alright?", you spoke and your voice sounded like music to his ears. He shook his head, tried to get a clearer view until he leaned back again, staring at your beautiful face.

"Now I am...", he answered in a cheesy tone and you grimaced. That was a little too much.

"Sorry...", he whispered and blushed, so mad at himself for this super awkward way of flirting and tried to get on his feet. To his surprise, you helped him. His heart beat so incredibly fast as you laid your hands on his cheeks.

"Look at me!", you demanded and you didn't have to tell him twice. He immediately obeyed and looked into your shiny, big brown eyes that seemed like honey in the summer sun. Gulping he stared at you.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

He nodded, overwhelmed by his feelings, by his beating heart, by your voice, and... by your scent.

"What's your name?"

Wonho needed a long moment to notice what you just said and stammered his name nervously. You laughed. And your laugh made his heart do somersaults. 

"Who would've thought that a huge dude like you can be so shy...", you smirked and laid your hand on his bare chest. He was 100% sure you felt his racing heart and he chuckled nervously. For a long moment you stared at each other and looking back, this was the moment he fell in love with you.

He blinked a few more times and felt his palms sweating like crazy, his knees became weak and he tried everything to not show you how overwhelmed he was of you.

"Y/n!", a voice echoed from behind the both of you. Only seconds later a girl appeared next to you, took your hand, and tried to pull you with her.

"Wait!", was the only thing he could say and he tilted his head. "I need to see you again!"

He knew he was being too forward. But he couldn't just let this chance go by.

You smirked while walking backward behind your friend.