Chapter 5~

"Dr.Virat!"Virat said while extending his hand towards Shubman, who held his hand like a fan holds his favourite celebrity's.

"Sir this is such an honour to meet you!"he said.

Virat chuckled seeing his excitement. He remembered how much excited he used to be during his college days, whenever he came across any renowned doctor.

"I have heard a lot about you from your professors. I must say, you're a bright student,"Virat praised him while other students approached him and he shook hands with them one after the other after Shubman thanked him and moving aside.

"So today I'll be showing you all how to remove abscess from brain. And I'll talk about the symptoms and treatment of Adenoma and Blood-Brain Barrier,"Virat stated confidently while scrutinizing the brain samples.

The students were talking among themselves regarding what a great doctor Virat was and how he had handled which cases.

"What is Epidural Hematoma?"Virat asked all of a sudden, making them quiet.

"A blood clot between the dura mater and the inside of the skull,"a boy replied.

"What is Ependymoma?"Virat asked again.

"A growth in the brain or spinal cord arising from ependymal tissue,"another boy replied.

This was the best thing about the best colleges, students knew their subject quite well, rather they were made to, if they showed little bit of reluctance.

"Good! Anything else you all want to add regarding these?"Virat asked while looking at the students and added,"Shubman! Why are you quiet?"

"Everyone should get chance to reply Sir. Our campus has quite many good students,"Shubman replied politely.

"True that. Can anyone tell me about Foraminotomy?"Virat said with a smirk while putting on a pair of surgical gloves for the practical work. He knew that this topic was yet to be covered, he had taken complete details from the teachers. He wanted to check something and he smiled when Shubman replied,"Sir it's the surgical opening or enlargement of the bony opening traversed by a nerve root as it leaves the spinal canal."

Virat nodded while saying,"a good curious would be doctor. A doctor without the curiosity and hunger of more and more knowledge is not a perfect doctor. Good Shubman! You have studied beyond the syllabus of this semester."

"Thank you Sir!"Shubman said happily. It was the best feeling to see his idol appreciating him.

Throughout the rest of the time while Virat stayed at their college, he kept Shubman beside him. It was one of the best days of his life and after his father's death, this was the first time he was so much happy.

"Where do you stay Shubman?"Virat asked him after the special session was over. Shubman was helping him in arranging his equipments back in his bag.

"I am living in Jaipur now Sir,"Shubman replied.

"You travel to Delhi from Jaipur everyday?"

"It started from today itself Sir. I used to stay in Delhi until yesterday. But we had to shift to our ancestral house after....after my father's demise."

Shubman looked down while saying these and Virat looked at him. He cleared his throat and said,"I can understand how you're feeling. Even I have lost my Dad at an early age. But life goes on my boy."

Shubman looked at him and asked,"he was also Neurologist right Sir?"

"Yes! He was. He went away soon!"Virat said with a sigh and then added with a smile,"but see, that didn't stopped me from chasing my dreams. In fact I chased it much more because of him. To fulfil his last wish. So you also keep going. You have it in you what it takes to be a great doctor. So FOCUS!"