Chapter 27~

The next day, early in the morning, Ritika was sitting on one of the steps of the veranda of her grandmother's house. Her Dad has arrived for the special investigation's meeting and he was sleeping at the moment as he had arrived late at night.

Rishabh's jeep stopped infront of the house and she looked at him and understood that he hadn't slept properly last night. Walking towards the veranda he came and sat near her and laid down his head on her lap all of a sudden.

She wanted to tell him that her Dad was in the house right now, but her heart didn't feel like doing so, instead, she ran her fingers through his hair and asked,"kya huya?"

"Everything has become so awkward all of a sudden, Ritika. Whatever happened last night..."he went quiet and Ritika placed a soft kiss on the side of his head and said,"everything will be fine again, Rishabh. Just give time to the ongoing time, it will change it's course very soon."

Rishabh held her hand while remaining silent for a while and then said,"Maan raat bhar Jal Mahal ke waha baitha tha. Just imagine, shayad usey mujhpar bhi bharosa nahi raha abb."

"Aisa nahi hain Rishabh! He is scared for his sister as she might be traumatized after such an experience. And so is he. He has a very protective instinct towards his sisters since childhood. I have seen him since years. This is the first time he was unable to do anything. He trusts you, but he is doubtful about everyone at the moment, including himself. That's why he's behaving like that,"Ritika explained him and he kissed her hand and gave a nod.

"Vaise ek baat kahu?"she asked and he said,"kaho,"while sitting straight.

"Kal main wapas Delhi jaa rahi hoon. Pre-Semester breaks wagera sab khatam hogaya. Final semesters hain meri aur Taara ki bhi. Voh bhi kuch din wahi rahegi exams hone tak. Maan ka pata nahi, shayad nahi jayega. Dad ke saath I will go to Delhi tomorrow,"Ritika said and Rishabh looked away.

"Kuch kahoge nahi?"she asked.

"All the best for your exams."

"Aur kuch?"

"Graduation ke baad Masters karogi na?"

"Aur kuch nahi kehena?"

Rishabh remained quiet for a moment and asked looking at her,"phir kab aaogi?"

Ritika smiled and said,"jab tum chaho."

"As if!"Rishabh said with a chuckle and looked away again.

She held his face and made him look at her again and said,"don't be sad, you're also coming to Delhi, for your final training. Tab toh miltey hi rahenge."

"Aur uske baad? What if I get posted somewhere far away from Delhi and Jaipur? What if it's a remote place?"

"I'll wait for you then. But, will you wait for me?"

Rishabh nodded and replied,"until the moment we meet again."

Ritika smiled as she understood that he meant that he was ready to wait for her even if it takes ages for that to happen.

"I never knew that an accident will bring you in my life,"she said.

"Sometimes adversaries are sweet,"Rishabh said with a smile and rested his forehead upon her's.

"Cadet Rishabh Shekhawat!"a serious and heavy male voice echoed from inside the livingroom and the duo quickly separated away from each other. Rishabh stood up quickly and did a salute as per the official tradition, and Ritika's father, Officer Ranjvijay Agarwal walked up to the veranda in his tracksuit.

"I didn't knew that the meeting will be held in my mother in law's house,"he added and Rishabh said,"umm...I just came here to.."

"Chat with my daughter? I can see that! Come inside, we need to talk. Ritsy, go upstairs,"Ranvijay commanded and Ritika went into the house after looking at Rishabh for once.