Save Henry

Adelaide stood there and she watched the purple mist coming, Regina had finally made good on her promise. She had enacted her curse... or as she knew it Rumpelstiltskin's curse. Immediately she knew she could fight, but she knew all too well that her sister was upstairs about to give birth. It was too late for them to get Snow away, or at least she thought that it was too late. She was already in labour and it would be dangerous for both mother and baby to try to move them. There was part of her that hoped Charming would be able do the impossible and get their child to safety, at the very least to get baby Emma to safety. She had tried to make her way to her sister, but stopped when she saw Regina's guards making their way through the halls. So instead she stayed in her room and watched the storm coming in. Regina wanted to visit Adelaide before the curse truly hit, but she instead spent time with Rumpelstiltskin before she finally went up to face Snow and Charming.

As the blast finally hit the palace, she remembered what Regina had said to her after Snow and Charming finally went on their honeymoon. She remembered that Regina had promised her that she had nothing to fear from this curse - and part of her, as much as she hated it, hoped for it to be true. Because she had already gone through so much, she wasn't sure if she would be able to take much more. Maybe it would finally bring her the peace she had been looking for, from Killian's loss that she had been looking for for so long. She closed her eyes and would only re-open them no longer as Princess Adelaide of the Enchanted Forest, nor as Adelaide Jones of the Jolly Roger but instead as Addy Jones - Storybrooke's friendly pawn-shop assistant. Regina's close friend and confidant, and Mr Gold's trusted assistant.

*

Addy was going through her daily duties, Mr Gold liked to have his inventory checked and double checked at least one a day - and it always had to be done by her. Something about Mr Gold liking her penmanship. She felt like it was over doing it but it was the way he liked to work. So she didn't question him, especially since he had been so kind to her, almost like a father. Everything today had been like it usually was, she had her usual 'Good morning beautiful' text from Graham and she'd walked to work where she'd bumped into Archie and Pongo, giving the dog a scratch behind the ears before she then bumped into Regina. And as they usually did on a Wednesday evening, Regina invited her for dinner and of course she said yes before she'd gotten her usual hot chocolate with cinnamon from Granny's - though she guessed there was something that was a little different then normal morning routine. Regina had seemed sad, and Addy wished that she could do something about it... even though she knew that there was likely nothing she could do. Madam Mayor liked to have things done her way. Suddenly out of nowhere, as she was finishing one side of the shop, Regina burst in making her way straight to the counter. Gold stood to greet her whilst Addy continued with her work.

"I need a child, Gold, and I need your help."

"Well, I'm flattered, but uninterested." Gold responded, his suit perfect as he stood there not doing anything, which made Addy laugh though as soon as she caught Regina's eye she looked away pretending she wasn't listening.

"Not like that. I spent all morning talking to adoption agencies - the wait lists are over two years long. But you, Gold, you know how to cut through red tape. And if anyone can work the system and find me a baby, it's you."

"You wish to adopt?" Addy's voice cut in, no longer hiding that she had been listening, putting down her inventory to look at Regina with a bright smile. It was great news as far as she was concerned. "That's brilliant news, I'm so happy for you. But... since when?"

"Well, I've been thinking about it for a while... you don't look so surprised." Regina spoke a little confused as she looked at Gold, after all Addy was responding the way she was supposed to but Gold wasn't.