Tallahassee

Hook and the others finally reached the bean stalk. They all marvelled in its height. They couldn't even see the top it was that tall. It just kept going and going and going. Emma had never seen anything like this back in her realm, and the others had never once dared get that close to a giant's bean stalk before.

"It's a little freakier than I remember from the story."

"Reminds me of death." Mulan replied, looking at it. After all this was the place that both many humans and giants lost their death.

"Encouraging."

"Well, your compass awaits. Shall we?" Hook said wanting to move on.

"Wait, if these beans create... portals why not just pick one and go home. Why the compass?"

"Because there aren't any more beans," Hook said, he thought that was a well-known fact in the Enchanted Forest. After all a magic bean was what had caused all his problem – the crocodile's desire to possess one cost him dearly. "Whatever story you think you know, my dear is completely wrong."

"There was a guy name Jack, and a cow and something about evil giant with a treasure and a golden goose... or harp."

"Sounds like a lovely tale, but the truth's a little more gruesome. The giants grew the beans but rather than use them for good they used them to plunder all the lands. Jack, was a man who fought a terrible war, defeating all but one of the evil giants. The beans were destroyed by the giants as they died, if they couldn't have their magic then nobody could. It's really very bad form."

"Evil giants, who made magic portal beans?" Emma said, hoping she'd gotten the correct impression from the pirate. "Why doesn't anyone just go up and grow some more?"

"Because one giant survived, the strongest and most terrible of them all. And we'll have to get past him to-"

"The magic compass," Snow said finishing Hook's sentence.

"Indeed, the treasure remains and amongst it is the compass. Now it will guide us to your land." Hook explained as they finished their approach to the bean stalk. "Cora has the means to open a portal with the wardrobe ashes, but she can't find your land without the compass. Once we get it, steal the ashes from her and we're on our way."

"How do we know you're not just using us to get the compass for Cora,"

"Because you four are far safer company, all I need is a ride back. I'll swear allegiance to whomever gets me there first."

"Then we'd better start climbing."

"Right, so..." Hook said with a small laugh knowing this would be fun. "I failed to mention that the giant enchanted the bean stalk to repel intruders."

"All right, so how do we get up there?"

"I've got a counter spell from Cora, if you'd be so kind." Hook said, holding his tied wrists up. Snow White came over and untied him, but she was death glaring him the entire time. "Thank you, milady," He said almost sarcastically, as he winked at her. He knew that Adelaide would have scolded him but she also would have tried to hide her smile. He started to take off his peasant layers to reveal his pirate gear underneath, he then held up his hand to show off a glowing cuff, "I've got one more of these, Cora was to accompany me so... which one of you four lovelies shall take her place? Hm, go on fight it out. Don't be afraid to you know really get into it."

Hook watched from a far as the girls argued about who was going with him, if he was truly the man they thought he was he would be enjoying watching this. But he wasn't. Sure they were all beautiful woman but they hardly held a flame to his Adelaide. That and they were more annoying than her. Adelaide always understood him and his motives, these women hardly trust him to make a simple decision. He started to listen when Emma insisted that she was going to go with him, he'd hoped it was going to be her. She seemed less boring than the others.